chapter 19

I ran to my seat next to Danielle.

She looked at me with curiosity.

"Why did you do that?" she asked.

"Do what?" My heart pounded.

"You know, slam the door in his face. He still has to come in." She laughed, looking over my shoulder.

I didn't want to look. He read my diary and he probably knew it already.

"Okay, class, I want you guys to go back to your pairs just like yesterday," our teacher announced.

Dani nudged me repetitively. I slapped her arm but she kept it in quickly.

I slowly stood up and walked gingerly to Harry. I sat down on the empty seat next to him. A girl made her way to the teacher, bumping into my legs. I watched her whisper something into the teacher's ears. He looked to me and beckoned me to him.

"Taylor, this is Camila, a new transfer student who came today. She wants to switch partners with you, is that okay?" I glanced at the brunette smiling sweetly at me. She makes me sick.

I turned to Harry who met my eyes. He blushed and looked down on the table. I felt my cheeks burn up too.

"Um... Sure." She scurried to my old seat as soon as she had my permission. "I guess..." I added.

I walked to this nerdy boy sitting behind Danielle and sat next to him.

As the teacher talked about what we were going to do today, I couldn't keep my eyes of that Camila and Harry.

This was so not going well.