chapter 23

I went downstairs and to the kitchen to grab some cookies and a glass of milk.

The doorknob at the front door moved frantically and I panicked.

Mum had went out to buy some stuff for lunch and I was home alone. I'm not exactly home alone because Meredith is here.

I hid behind the kitchen counter, leaving that bottle of milk on the counter table. I bit my lip as I heard the door swing open.

The floorboard squeaked as that robber came in. I saw him walk past the unsuspecting bottle of milk and up the stairs to our room. My heart was beating fast the whole time.

Suddenly, a familiar ringtone reverbrated through the house. My heart skipped a beat. I did not accept the call because it was an unfamiliar number and I cursed the damn person and my loud ringtone.

The robber scurried down the stairs, holding an empty bag. He looked around...

Then, his eyes met mine.

I screamed and got up.

I heard a thud behind me but I was too scared to care. Before he got to me, I slipped away and got out of the house.

I ran to the neighbour's house and knocked rapidly on the door. No one was home. So I ran as far as my legs could take me.

When I finally stopped running, I realised my phone was gone.