Flames of the past

Me and Frisk made our way down the stairs towards the basement. Taking step after step until we came across this large corridor.

It was plain. Which I think signifies that she doesn't go down here often, but I could be wrong. I followed Frisk through the corridor. After a few steps this gashing pain ran through my head like the waves to a cliff side. Filling my head with the image of symbols.

🕈 ✡⚐🕆 ☟☜

"Aaahhh" I shrieked holding my head in pure agony. What was that. Those weren't words. "(Y/N) are you ok" Frisk asked trying to help me get up. Luckily Toriel couldn't hear what happened as she was up ahead. Frisk hoisted me up and let me use her shoulder as a support.

We slowly made are way towards the corner that turned left. We decided to continue walking on. Soon after walking a certain distance my head cleared up allowing me to continue walking normally.

We reach Toriel and we see that she was standing in frond of a large door with some engravings in it. Toriel turned around and saw us standing there. "My children... this is the exit to the ruins. I'm going to destroy it." Toriel stated shedding a small tear. I knew that somehow I could change her mind so she'd let us leave but I don't know how. So I did the most logical thing. "Mum you can't do this we need to be free from this, we need to experience the world" Toriel frowned a little then sighed. "Foolish isn't it, I can't even save a single child." Toriel's frown turned into a blank expression "Fine if you wish to leave you may but you must prove to me that you are strong enough to survive."

All around us the room lit up with flames. A burning heat blast against my skin. Toriels arms held fireballs. Frisk called out to Toriel "mum you don't have to do this"

............

"Please we don't want to hurt you"

............

"Let us leave"

............

"TORIEL"

I don't know what came over her. It doesn't look like her. There's one stripe. I can't see her face as she is standing in front of me.

She pulled out a toy knife out of nowhere and sliced it across Toriel's chest. I don't think it was enough to kill her but it's what Toriel said the confuses me the most. "C-Chara is that really you" she coughed a little blood. Just as it appeared her clothes changed back to normal. I notice now a lot of other things had changed. 'Chara' had lighter hair and lighter skin. I looked in pure horror as my guess was wrong. Toriel's body collapsed into itself until all that was left was a whitish grey heart. After a few seconds that heart shattered into dust.

Frisk turned around to look and me and then started to tear up. I ran past Frisk pushing her a little. I knew there was a meaning to the word Chara. She is Chara and by the looks of it she had me fooled the whole time. I ran to Toriel's body or should I say dust and grab it with my hands. "No no nononononono this can't be real, this can't be happening" I turn around and look at Chara. "I-I can explain" Chara cried her voice being muffled by her sniffling. "I knew you were hiding something weren't you Chara" "But I'm n-not Chara. I c-can explain" I didn't want to hear her excuses. I pushed against the door with both my hands until it opened the slammed it shut after going through.

I feel cold.