03 • Enough ✓

Caspian is the first of the two Telmarine siblings to wake up.
With his head bandaged, he slowly opens his eyes. Looking around the unfamiliar place, his flickering eyes land on the small figure of his sleeping sister.

Caspian removed the bandages from his head, albeit carefully, as he stands, scooping up his sister's figure, being careful as to not wake her.

"This bread is stale"
     "I'll just get them some soup then."

"You said you were going to get rid of them."
     "No, I said I'd take care of them."

"Well, I don't think I hit either of them hard enough."
"Nikabrik, they're just a boy and a girl!"

     "They're Telmarines, not lost puppies!"
"We can't kill them now, not after bandaging their heads. It would be like murdering guests."

"Ah, and how do you think their friends are treating their guest?"
     "Trumpkin knew what he was doing."

Alarm fills the young prince as the sound of the voices, dread filling him as he freezes in place. Caspian suddenly bolts for the small wooden door across the room, his sister making noises of discontent in his arms.
     Trufflehunter, the badger, drops the bowls of soup in his hands at the sight of the alarmed human while Nikabrik races forward to block Caspian's way out, sword in hand.

Caspian carefully shifts Aubrianna, raising a poker from the fire, blocking the dwarf's blows. "See! I told you we should have killed them!"
     "You know why we can't!"
"If you're taking a vote, I'm with him."

"I as well." Aubrianna had awoken the moment Caspian ran forward, nearly falling from his arms, but held tight onto her brother as to prevent him from starting an all-out battle.

     "We can't let them go, they have seen us."
Nikabrik swings his sword once more, ignoring the protests of his badger-friend, as Caspain's eyes widen in alarm, an arm shooting out to push his sister behind him.

"That's enough, Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again?" This causes the dwarf to halt, glancing back at the badger as he finally lowers his sword.

"Now, look what you've made me do! I spent half the morning on that soup." Trufflehunter looked between his friend and the spilt bowls of soup, a look of discontent on his fury features.

"W-what are you?" Caspian finally speaks, seemingly in a daze from fighting such small, talking creatures that weren't supposed to exist.

Aubrianna, unlike her brother, had grown up on the fairytales had immediately recognized the strange creatures for what the were; narnians .

"It's funny. You'd think more people would recognize a badger when they saw one."

"No, I mean...You're Narnians. You're supposed to be extinct." Aubrey hit her brothers arm, a soft glare set in her eyes as she looked at the boy.

"Sorry to disappoint you."

Trufflehunter, who had retired to the kitchen for a moments notice, returned to the awaiting trip with new bowls of fresh soup in his paws.

"Here we are. Still hot."

Nikabrik shot his friend a look, and couldn't help but add, "Since when did we become a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?"

Aubrey, who was able to stop Caspian from saying a snarky remark with just a pointed look, replied to the dwarf this time, instead of her brother who was sure to offend the creatures.

"We aren't soldiers. I'm princess Aubrianna and this is Prince Caspian...the tenth."

"What are you both doing here?"

"Running away. Our uncle has always wanted my throne. I suppose I have only lived this long because he did not have an heir of his own." Caspian finally shot a look to his sister, silently agreeing to behave.

"What about you?"
"Against our natural tradition, if Caspian were to fall off, I would become queen."

"Well this changes things." Trufflehunter, who would much rather remain civil with the strangers, is cut off by his friend-
"Yes...It means we won't have to kill you ourselves."

"You're right." Aubrey gives her brother a look, disbelief flaring within her, but she follows his actions as he puts his armor on, gathering her own items.

"Where are you going?"
"Our uncle will not stop until we are dead."

Trufflehunter speaks up again, this time reaching for an object wrapped in cloth, held out to the pair.

"Wait, you're meant to save us! Don't you know what this is?" Allowing the cloth to fall, Trufflehunter holds out the ages-old horn, intricate designs of a lion carved all across the ivory.

The two Telmarine siblings share a look of confusion, before glancing at the horn in the badger's paws.