Chapter Ten - Half Competitive

"Finally, the games are going to start."

"Yeah! I'm pretty excited! I really want to see how the others' training has gone!"

"I don't I'd rather like to stay relevant to the cause that I've been training most of my life for. It sucks being a first-born Prodigy"

"There isn't much we can do at this point. Either way, it's not like we have to martyr ourselves to kill someone who's killed demigods."

"That's very true, and it seems like the Order already knew we weren't gonna be much help except as foot soldiers. That's just my guess as to why we were in Kuva."

The two first-born Prodigies talked in one of the many chambers of the giant arena. They would soon walk out and perform to the best of their ability in front of hundreds of ordinary citizens. When they walked out of their chamber they met up with the rest of their year-group. Astoundingly, none of them had died while waging the war in Kuva. All fifteen of them had survived their tour of Kuva. They talked and shared what it was like for them in the war. They told each other their heroic battles, duels, triumphs and close calls. A shared experience of the war was a fight they would never forget. They would have to report their findings to the Order.

...

The eleventh-born Prodigies stood in one chamber. All of them. It was the first time that they had been together in one place. There was plenty of tension among the group. They sized each other up, stole glances and kept to themselves. The first one to break the silence was Tora.

"Are you guys nervous?" Everyone in the room shifted their eyes towards the source of the question. They all had different looks about them. Questioning, nervousness, confidence, anxiety, bravery, indifference, humbleness, cockiness, apathy, seriousness, and distracted.

"I am," piped up Seilan, "it's my first time in front of this many people. I'm afraid I might mess up."

"I'm not," spoke Voleria, "yet, I don't feel too much about this whole thing. I just want to get this over with." Garvhoz and Winter shuddered when it spoke. The barely recognizable words shook them to their very being. Everyone else that wasn't used to it felt unnerved at that point.

"There's too many people out there." squeaked Winter.

"I'm sure that I will be fine, I believe in my abilities," said Garvhoz.

"Why feel nervous? we're the best in the country!" boasted Svetra

"I only know that I will do my best," croaked Core.

"I don't care about any of this either way," moaned Alegna

"I'm going to try my best and see what I can do," said Nano.

"I'm a bit jittery but I'm fine. I'll have to be," stated Noromac

"I'm sure I'll outshine the rest!" Said Celesta.

"I don't know, ha ha. I'm just kinda checking everything out," said Jasper.

The door to the chamber opened and a meek looking boy entered.

"Is this the eleventh-born chamber?"

"Of course!" Yelled Jasper in a playful tone. "Don't you see how damn awesome everybody in this room is?" He then approached the boy and whispered into his ear. "Except for the big baldy right there. He's all talk and show, no substance." The boy laughed a bit nervously towards Garvhoz's direction.

"Ugh, let's get it over with already!" Groaned Celesta. She went and grabbed the boy and pushed him down the hall. "Hurry up, don't leave a queen waiting." Winter was most surprised by her actions. Perhaps the only one, though the others weren't without reaction. Jasper immediately grew a sort of loathing for Celesta. His stomach turned at this show of power. He'd make up for this, one way or another. He wasn't the hero thief of the west for no reason.