Chapter Eight - Same Place

"I want to see her!" yelled Aath at a royal healer.

"I'm afraid that you can't do that Councilman," she said shakily. Aath was drawing upon all his years of experience in the Gorund Mountains as a soldier to intimidate her. It was working. He stepped closer. His face was inches away from her's.

"You'll let me see her. If you don't there's two things that can happen. I can beat you senseless right here right now and walk past you, or I can order for your execution. Which one will it be, huh? Punk?" In his eyes was the scorching heat of the desert around the mountains. His words came out like cannonballs, destroying any bit of courage that the woman had left. She was on the verge of tears. Even with all of her courage gone, she stood in front of the door to Svetra's room where she was recuperating. She wasn't allowed to have anyone see her.

"No," she shuddered. Aath brought a fist with more speed than an old man should have an inch away from her face. He pierced her skull with his eyes. She dropped and whimpered. Tears streamed down her face as she crawled away from the door. Aath suddenly made a complete change of face.

"Thank you dear," he beamed, "I hope it's not much trouble." The old man opened the door and walked into Svetra's room without even taking another glance at the weeping woman. He closed the door behind him softly. When he turned to look at Svetra she was frowning at him with a look of great contempt. She was sitting against the head board of the bed, propped up by a number of pillows. Her left side was covered in bandage to keep her muscles still.

"What is it that you want, old man?" She already had a deep mistrust of him. He broke her guard, he forced his way here. There was no respect given in his entering the room.

"I just want to talk, and ask you a few questions," said the old man with a smile in a low voice.

"You can talk to my guard and apologize for what you did."

"No no no, she's fine she just needed to learn her place."

"Why?"

"Doesn't matter. Now, I need you to answer a few questions."

"If I don't comply?" she asked as she tilted her head. The old man faked a frown, and averted his eyes to the floor.

"Well, what do you think will happen?" He began walking to the Prodigy slowly. Building up some sort of intimidation from her. Or at least he tried to.

"Absolutely nothing," said Svetra with a smirk.

"Oh okay, if that's what you think," he said as he snaked his way to her left side. Svetra squinted at him. What was he trying to do?

"Well, I want to know something that I think is very interesting." He sat down a chair next to the bed. "If you don't mind. What is a Kuvarian girl doing in my country?" asked the man softly.

"I was kidnapped at a young age," she said flatly.

"How young?"

"Ten years old"

"What happened after that?"

"I had to fight twenty men in the Gorund Mountains."

"Did you beat them?"

"Killed, all except for one"

"Who would that be?"

"A man named Halt. That's it for story time. Leave."

"I'm not leaving yet."

"You better leave else I get up and take you down." She was bluffing, but if he could get close enough she could probably hurt him.