Chapter Twelve - Imminence

"What is it?" asked Celesta. After the encounter with Voleria they world-stepped into the room Celesta was staying in. It took a while for Celesta to calm down, but she was now level headed.

"I don't know, I had never seen a record of its kind in any of the tomes in the Historica Magus, nor in the Definitivity series of tomes. It must be something entirely unencountered, or insignificant unless Prodigal."

"Strange," pondered Celesta. "Does Vera's Archives hold anything on the subject?"

"I haven't checked, but I'm sure there is nothing. They don't even have information on intermediate summoning techniques."

"Shame."

"Truly, but I'll go. Do you care to join me?"

"I'll not go, I need to steel myself if something like that happens again."

"Are you-"

"I've made my decision, Knight!"

"As you wish," said Nano as he bowed. "I'll be off."

...

"You can't just do stuff like that!" Yelled Tora. "Do you even know who she is?"

"No," said Voleria, "nor do I care. A spell sayer holds no fear on me, and never will. I know magic myself."

"I would think it's best to not pick fights with a queen of the 'spell sayers'," pitched in Garvhoz, "definitely not a wise choice."

"I think it was pretty cool!" Said Jasper. "People like her deserve to be taken down a notch."

"What do you mean?" Asked Seilan.

"Yeah, well," began Jasper, "did you see how she treated that kid. Poor guy nearing wore the brown pants hearing she'd work some magic on him."

"It's not like she actually was," piped in Tora.

"How do you know?" Prodded Jasper. "You know she toyed with a man before killing him not even two weeks before coming here? In front of her barbaric people. What makes you think she won't do the same in front of people she has no care for. I know her kind."

"And that would be?" Asked Noromac.

"Depraved, perverted, black-hearted, nobility that thinks they're better than everything because of a 'birth-right' that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things." Retorted Jasper.

"I think we should just settle down," said Core. "What's done is done. It is never wise to dwell on negativity. My elders have taught me that one should only learn from trespasses and try to prevent them from occurring."

"I don't think a hunk of rock should have any say in human matters," said Jasper. "You wouldn't understand the tyranny of your fellow man because that's something you don't deal with." Core was taken aback at the aggressive nature of Jasper. Up until now he had been fairly calm and collected. Even silly at times.

"Calm down," said Svetra sternly. "Core is only trying to help."

"I don't care, he would never understand."

"I think zee would be able to understand if you would allow it."

"Zee?" questioned everyone.