FAN EDITS, WATTPAD COVERS

EVERYBODY LOVES DIFFERENT things so you do you, these are just suggestions based on my personal likes. Always do what you want in the end because editing is about expressing yourself, not catering to others!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Experiment

Cliché, I know, but experimentation is key. Try out new things you like to see how your audience reacts. I've made some of my best edits that way because people loved the uniqueness. My followers liked it better when I was myself instead of trying to follow popular trends.

Very Light/Dark Filters

Fan account owners tend to love pastel or grunge themes. They stand out from "normal" balanced photos on the explore page and in a feed so if you're going for likes, try putting an extra filter or two on it.

Matching Theme

A matching theme looks so pretty, even for Wattpad stories! Here are a few themes that float around Instagram and We Heart It:

Pink and Teal
Retro
Jungle
Navy Blue
Red and White
Primary Colors
Unfiltered HQ
Beige/Nude
Clean Gray
Tropical
Rose Gold
Light Blue and Crean

Commit

I know sticking with a theme can be boring or hard, but the longer the theme, the better it looks. Try making nine edits all at once when you're in the mood so you don't get bored of editing the same thing every day. I usually make my themes on both my fan and personal months in advance in case I hit a creative block or get too busy.

Size Appropriately

You always want to observer to notice your main focal point first. If the main focus is the title of your book on Wattpad, make that font the biggest or if it's the character on the cover, make sure they stand out against the background. Always step back to see what your eyes go to first.

512 x 800, 3 x 2

Always use those sizes for covers on Wattpad to avoid being cut off. I've screwed up so many covers by not sizing them right; it's so annoying.

Make Big Changes

This goes back to experimentation. If you're looking to wow your followers, switch it up. If you did a simple theme, now do a complicated one. If you used a dark filter, now use a light filter. You attract loads of different people when you don't stick to the same old thing. It also creates a nice differentiation between them so you can ditch those pesky dividers.

Less Is More

Especially with Wattpad covers. Cluttered things are just less pleasing to the eye while simplicity calms people down. If you're making a cover for a poem book, for example, stick to one or two focal points like a drawing and the title instead of a collage of characters.