Chapter 3 (*)

Music for this chapter

Not Afraid by: Eminem

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sam's POV*

I rolled over only to fall on the floor. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I groan and grab the blanket and pull it off the bed. Next thing I know Akila falls on top of me. She groans.

I yell at her, "Akila get your big butt off of me!"

She shakes her head, "Nah, I'm comfy."

She snuggles into my chest and starts to fall back asleep. I chuckle and shove her off me.

I snort, "Yah, you wish."

She laughed at me and took the blanket and snuggled back with the blanket. I just laugh at her and go to my dresser and grab some clothes and go to Akila's room to grab some clothes for her. She has a habit of crawling into bed with me in the middle of the night. You figure that she would go and sleep with her boyfriend but hey I don't question it.

I go back to my room and throw Akila's clothes at her and start to strip to get changed. Akila gets off the floor and throws her socks at me.

I catch them and give her a look, "What was that for?"

She gave me a look, "Now you know how it feels to have clothes thrown at you!"

I rolled my eyes, "Stop being so overdramatic."

I finish getting dressed. I go to the kitchen to get something to eat, when I get in the kitchen I see Neil chilling at the bar eating a bowl of cereal. We nod at each other and finish our food in peace. Akila comes walking in a few minutes later looking as good as ever and pops her pop tarts into the toaster.

She turns and looks at me, "So are you going to see when you and Gavin are going to meet again/"

I finished chewing my food, "Honestly I don't know. I'm worried that if I approach him too soon he might start to get suspicious."

She nodded her head back and forth, "That's true, well do you have any classes with him?"

I gave her a look of relief, "Thank god no. If I did then we would definitely be in trouble."

Neil butted in, "She has a point Akila teachers always praise her in her classes about how awesome of a student she is."

I turned and look at Neil, "And you know why I am such a good student? Because I want to get out of here and not squeeze as much out of the system as I can."

He smirked, "Guilty is charged but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do."

I just laughed. I finished my cereal and rinsed my bowl out and put it in the sink.

I turned and looked at my family, "Alright guys I'm going to head out."

Akila gave me a look, "Why are you leaving so early?"

I just shrugged, "I need to go sort some things out. I'll see you when school starts, okay?"

She just nodded, "Okay see you then."

Me and Neil nodded at each other I turned around and walked out of the house while putting my hair up. Once my hair was up I grabbed my keys for my Harley. I walked out of the door and realized that I forgot my jacket so I ran back in and grabbed it. I walked to the garage putting my jacket on and got on my Harley. I've got about a half an hour till school starts so I decided to go to the one place that I love to go when I need to sort out my thoughts. I started my bike and started to take the back way to the school.