Chapter 13: The New Sky Brigades

Hello, minna!  Here is another chapter, yay! ♥ I need to ask you all a question; what do you all think about me putting a bit of Japanese words in here?  The reason I have been doing it for the past few chapters is because I want to make this more like the anime. ♥  I'd like to know if it's bothering you or not, because if it is, I'll stop doing it as much.  So, please, give me your thoughts on that so I know if it's okay!  Arigato~!

Song in the multimedia will officially be Lucy's song for when she goes all "Alys Mode". cx  Lol, I hope you all like it!  Tell me whether or not it fits the theme well!

Continuing, I dedicate this chapter to _providence!  This is my non-fan fiction account, so if you also like my other stories, please, fan me there!  Thank you so much if you do; it would really help! ♥ Feedback is greatly appreciated, and remember; I hope you all like this chapter! ^.^  I only have three days of school this week, so I'll have a lot of writing time after that since it'll be Thanksgiving Weekend!  Until next time, minna!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я--★☆

=================================================================

Alafan and Lucy were located back inside Alys' throne room, at the top of the Sky Castle.  After Lucy had finished explaining what she had seen through Alys' memories, and the conflicts Alys had gone through as I child, Alafan and Lucy and retired here, so they could talk.  The sun had disappeared, and birds flew in the sky as the sky darkened into blue.  Alafan was looking out the window, as was Lucy, the atmosphere silent around them.

"So you knew about Alys' past?"  Lucy asked, turning her head in his direction.

Alafan nodded; his face was sad, a shadow of grief reflecting in his eyes.  "I did.  Still do.  But you needed to experience the events according to your own, and connect with Alys on your own accord."  he looked at Lucy calmly.  "You wouldn't have been able to do it if I had already told you about Alys' past."

Lucy nodded once, giving Alafan a look of wonder.  "I understand.  But there's something I've been wondering."

"What is it?"

"When I had been going through Alys' life memories, I had seen that she had summoned the Sky Brigades on her own.  Does that mean I have to do that in order for them to come back?"

Alafan laughed slightly in amusement.  "I'm suprised you figured it out so quickly.  Yes Lucy, you must do it on your own.  But only if you so please."

"Why wouldn't I?"  Lucy asked, confused.  "Ano...I just don't know how to bring them back, though."

Alafan looked at her warm heartedly.  "You don't have to know.  You're Alys' reincarnation; you can do it."

Lucy looked at Alafan with uncertainty, but then nodded, her expression turning grateful.  "I'll do it now, if that's alright."

Alafan smiled, his face tired "Of course."

Lucy turned from the old man and walked to the middle of the room, deciding that she'd need some space.

Okay...  Lucy began, taking a deep breath calmly.  I can do this...

Lucy jabbed the bottom of Alys' staff into the tile floor, making a crack echo through the air slightly.  Lucy closed her eyes, letting her head look downwards as she concentrated.  A small humming noise reverberated through the air, and the outline of Lucy's body glowed golden light.  A circle of air twisted around Lucy mysteriously, but Lucy concentrated harder.