Chapter 23: Lucy's Radiant Soul!

Hello, everyone! ♥  Lord, this is a long chapter!  I'm a little nervous on the next chapter, because I'm afraid it won't belong enough since this one was is really long. ^.^;  Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see. c:  I finally updated, haha! ♥ I went on a writing spree just to get this done before I was both caught and it was too late to continue!  After all, I have school tomorrow, hahaha!  Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to handwritings. c:  Thanks so much for being a good friend, Shuuka-chan! ;o;  And for the covers, as well~!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter...remember to comment and vote your opinions! ^.^  Don't worry, things will be "revealed" in the next chapter, lol!  Until next time, everyone!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є и α ℓ υ ω я ι т є я - - ღ

=====================================================================

"Nat-zu!"

Natsu looked up, though he was still running through the evacuated village.  

"Happy!"  He exclaimed, surprised to see the exceed.  "You're here!"

Happy swooped down and grabbed his back, lifting him high into the air and taking him up at a higher speed.  "What happened to Lucy?"

Natsu looked on, determined.  "She's going to finish Donovan.  We have to recruit with everyone and make sure Lucy wins this!"

"What?!"  Happy exclaimed, alarmed.  "But if she does that, then Lucy'll--"

"She ain't gonna die!"  Natsu exclaimed, smirking.  "Lucy promised."

There was a moment of silence.

"Natsu..."  Happy began, and Natsu glanced behind him.  "...do you think it was Lucy's destiny to stop Donovan?"

"Ah,"  Natsu began, his expression serious.  "But who cares.  Fate follows the decisions we make, and Lucy made her decision to come back to us.  Whether or not Fate follows Lucy, she's coming back."  Natsu's expression hardened.  "She promised..."  He said almost to himself.

-------------------------- ♦ Fαιяу тαιℓ : Lєgєηd of тнє Fαllєη ♦ --------------------------

Lucy wasn't fazed by the fact that she was soaring through the air and straight for Donovan, little balls of light shining after her.  At this point, Lucy couldn't be phased by anything; she just wanted to save the people she had grown so attached to.  The villagers, Alafan, Levette, Ai, Vladamir, Nagaharu, Alys, her friends...they were all cheering for her.  The Daonei people needed peace once and for all, and the fact that they wouldn't need to worry anymore.

Lucy wanted to give them that.

Lucy thought up a plan quickly, knowing exactly what she had to do.  She had to purify the column of magic around Donovan to leave him open, and then she needed to use the spell.  Whether or not Lucy was going to come out of this alive, Lucy had promised Natsu she would come back.  No matter what, Lucy needed to pull through for her friends.  They were waiting for her, and the guild was waiting for her.

Symbols appeared in Lucy's eyes, and she chsked heavily as she charged forward, the air under her feet making a loud boom through the air.

"Donovan!"  Lucy exclaimed, her voice loud and echoing across the sky.

Lucy brought Alys' staff over her shoulders as she charged towards the evil mage, her expression determined as her hair whipped through the wind.  Lucy slashed at the column of black magic a few meters underneath Donovan's figure, a large slice of light escaping from Lucy's staff and slamming into Donovan's make-shift power-up barrier.  As soon as it made contact, lightning sparked from the resistance, and both sides of the magic began to churn and fight for a victor.