{8}

A/N
I know I haven't updated this in a long while, but I'm making it up to you! This chapter is unedited because I want to (hopefully) finish this book today. After that, I'll edit the new chapters. Anyways, please enjoy! I love you guys. <3

Michael began his explanation with, "It all started back in sixth grade..." and everything just fell into place from there. Luke listened to everything he had to say and Calum sat shell-shocked as he found out why his best friend had "hated" his other best friend for five straight years. Somewhere in the midst of it their pizza had arrived, but that didn't take away the seriousness of it at all. Michael was glad to finally get it all out, minus the part where he was supposed to tell Luke he like-liked him. What he put in place of that was that he was just jealous because he felt like Luke was taking Calum away from him. It was dumb, but he wasn't ready to admit his feelings, especially if he wasn't even sure of them himself.

They had began eating their pizza towards the end of Michael's long talk, but by the time he was done, they were already almost done with the first one. All three boys focused their attention on eating while they digested Michael's words first.

"Damn, Mike. I can't believe this was all just because you thought I was going to like Luke more than you one day!" Calum chuckled, turning his attention to Luke afterward. "No offense, Lucas, but Michael will always be my number one best buddy."

Luke laughed out loud at that, and Michael shoved more pizza in his mouth to stop himself from smiling like an idiot at him. "None taken. Michael was here first, I totally understand." Luke said, grabbing his third piece of pizza.

The boys then chilled out for the next half hour, eating more pizza and having small talk. Sometimes they would refer back to things Michael had said before, other times it was just about stuff at school or other things like that. Y'know, stuff that teenage boys talk about.

Luke cleared his throat once a short silence had fallen upon the Aussies, grabbing the other two boys' attention. "So, now that we've sort of cleared things up for now, do you guys think we could continue on with a normal sleepover?"

Michael's eyes never left his lips when he talked, he just couldn't help it. Calum decided to speak up once he realized Michael was off in his own little world. If only he knew.

"Yeah, I think this night is gonna turn out way better than it originally was supposed to. What do you want to do now, Luke?" Calum questioned, wiping his hands and mouth off with a napkin he had gotten from the kitchen earlier.

Luke hummed in thought at that, licking his lips while doing so, which didn't help Michael's situation much at all. "I think we should watch a few movies to kill some time. It's only, like, seven o'clock or something like that anyway."

Calum nodded, and Michael was able to get his shit together and nodded along as well. They cleaned up their area and put the remaining pizza in the fridge for later. They all settled on the couch after that except for Calum who was at the movie cabinet, asking the other two which movies they wanted to watch.

"We're watching The Visit because that shit is more funny than scary and Luke needs to see it." Michael started, leaning back into the couch with his arms folded behind his head and his feet propped up on the coffee table. Luke watched him get comfortable and wished he could look that cool. Turns out a lanky boy like him just looked long and awkward in a position like that, so he stayed criss-cross-applesauce beside him.

"Okay, well... Uh, do you have M-Mean Girls, by chance?" Luke asked nervously, knowing things were normal now but still fearing that Michael would make fun of him for his movie choice. Actually, Michael didn't judge him at all. Calum sort of did, though, but in a joking manner.