Chapter 4 : Serious things are starting. - Part one.

The following day I started school at 2pm because all of my morning classes's teachers were absent. However, someone from the high school called at home saying I need to go there as soon as possible. It's currently 8:45 am and I'm walking towards the bunch of students in front of the staff building.

" What's up ? " I asked Marie.

" Hi ! The police apparently wants to question every pupil that had anything to do with Ellie and they're going to do more researches about the Lana case." My smile faded. Why the heck were they so annoying ? Can't they give up on Lana ? 

" Who's in there now ? " 

" Brad is. He asked her out yesterday. Her brother drove her to their dating place so he logically is the last person she saw. He's the one most likely to be the reason of her disappearing. " She replied.

" Have you written that shit you put in her locker with or without gloves ? " Kadi reminded me. 

Oh fuck. Stress is growing in me as I'm trying to remember if I wore gloves or didn't. And where might the sheet of paper be ? In Ellie's bedroom ? Maybe it fell on the floor during the night ? I become very sweaty.

" Ok thanks." I told Marie before rushing to the toilets.

Some water on my face's relaxing. I look at myself in the mirror. Anger invades me and I hit the sink's edge with my palm. What a dumb asshole I am ! 

" Calm yourself Kendra. They may never find it." Kadi remarked.

I go back to the school ground, near enough to the S building to hear the names that are called.

" Lusso ! Jordan Lusso ! " A police officer yelled. But Jordan didn't come apparently. The man huffs. " Rogs ! " My heartbeat's getting faster and faster as I approach him.

" It's me." I almost whispered. He opens the door for me.

" Wait for Ms. Enick to come out and say your first name. " I nod and he goes back outside. Just a few seconds later, the gate opened and a quite tall pretty blonde woman appears. She has short curly hair and her police officer's outfit suits her very well. She stares at me quickly then smiles.

" Kendra, right ? Come in sweetheart." How nice.

" Hello." I said weakly. Another person is sitting, it's a man. A handsome man. He is blue-eyed and has dark hair. His skin is not pale and not very colored. He has beauty spots all over his arms and some on his face.

" Sit down please." The woman said. She points the chair facing the both of them. I obey and look at the table separating the three of us. It's made of wood. The room's empty and has fair orange walls which is the only positive thing here. " I'm Ms. Enick and this is my partner Mr. Lebievre. Call me Luna."

" Call me Louis." The man spoke.

" Well call me Kendra." I joked. They chuckled.

" Okay Kendra. We have some questions for you."

" Don't fuck everything up. Let me answer instead. Allow me to control your floor. I know you're going to mumble and say shit." Kadi demanded. 

After hesitating for a little moment, I close my eyes quickly and feel I'm not the one controlling my words anymore. All of a sudden I open my eyes widely. Luna gives me a weird glare but starts her questions.

" First, why didn't you come when we came to look for some informations about Lana Sifers death ? "

" When was it ? " 

" Yesterday." Louis replied. I remember escaping from school when I heard the call about it. I should stop thinking or Kadi will never be able to respond.

" I'm sorry about it. I probably had forgotten about it or I would've come of course. You can ask me whatever you want now."

" Fine. Is it true you were at the party she last attended to ? "

" Yes, it is. Who told you that ? " I asked but deep down I know the answer.

" We're the ones who question here. It's the rule of professional secrets, we can't tell you anything about anyone else. How long did you stay at the party ? "

" Oh goodness. What an amazing night I had there. Well I arrived at 11pm so after all the vodkas, the shots of beer and the throwing up I'd say I spent like five hours there ? I can't remember if I called my mother to take me or not."

" You did not. We called her and she said you got home on your own." Luna retorted. Amazing ! They called my mother before interrogating me.

" Who can testify you were at the party and had fun like you seem to describe ? " I feel bad for him but I have no choice.

" Jordan Lusso can."

" Funny the one people talk about the most isn't here today." Luna remarked and Louis shook his head. I see the sexy guy looking for something. He pulls out a picture from the bag of the naked body of Lana. I pretend to let out a loud scream of shock.

" Is- is this Lana ? Oh my God." 

" Ms. Rogs you're being arrested for an unknown amount of time for a possibility of being the murderer." 

They put the handcuffs on my wrists and I don't understand what the fuck went wrong. 

" Kadi go out, give me my floor back ! You useless piece of shit." I thought.

" Not my fault ! " She screamed in my head so strongly that a headache starts. Wonderful.

---------------------

Heeey! I hope you're ok :) Don't forget to vote and comment your advice. What do you think went wrong ?