Chapter 2 - Jasmine Snow

Here it is! The chapter 2 of BC II! Enjoy reading! Another character added, by the way (based from the title). :DD

Chapter 2 – Jasmine Snow

“Melchor.”

Angelo looked at him with blank yet heavy eyes. The leader of Ad Lucem stepped forward, approaching the base of the hill where the Heirs stood, smiling at him mockingly. The heat around them slowly vanished, replaced once again with the cold wind.  He continued his slow walk, and his steps were the only sound that could be clearly heard around them.

“Stop right there. You don’t have the right to lay a finger on us,” Salvador’s voice was heard, and the rest of the Heirs agreed, laughing softly. But instead of stopping, he still continued walking.

“What have you done?” Angelo asked with his eyes reflecting the sadness in his voice, which was slightly shaking. The cold breeze of the night gently blew his hair, but that never distracted him from staring at his brother. “Are you now satisfied, bringing down Despera?”

Sir Aterius chuckled. The other six behind Angelo still stood there, not moving. They had no strength to walk and support their leader, since the condition of the town was enough to drain their energies. Van tried to look around him, and he saw the most devastating condition that had happened to any place he had ever seen. There were large fires lively burning, but the coldness slowly extinguished the flames. Not a single house stood, and the ground was almost covered with broken bricks of broken structures. The most devastating of all were the lifeless bodies, lying on the cold ground, almost cremated into ashes. Van gently wiped a tear.

“Not yet, my dear brother,” Aterius spoke, looking straight into his brother’s eyes. “Not until I crush down Ad Lucem. And you know what, Angelo, whatever happened to Despera was all your fault.”

Angelo straightened up. “In what way?” Angelo simply said, ignoring the insulting looks of the Heirs.

“If only you did not recruit forces to join your group, then this would have never happened.”

The Ad Lucem’s leader looked down. A loud thunder roared, finally breaking the intense silence of the dead town. Slowly, raindrops started to fall, but Angelo didn’t care at all. Together with the rain were his tears, involuntarily falling from his almost-closed eyes.

“We need to go. I know you were all not prepared, so I’m giving you a chance. Next time we meet, I will make sure that it will be bloodshed,” Aterius said, and ended it with a slight laugh. All of them, together with the three traitors of Despera held Salvador, and all of them vanished into thin air.

Still looking at Angelo, Van decided to approach the depressed leader, and talked to his back.

“It’s not your fault, Angelo. We did the right thing. At least the people of Despera all did the right choice, and that is to join our forces, well except for those three.”

There was silence. The raindrops started to fall harshly, accompanied with strong and cold winds. Ignoring the dripping water from his messy hair, Angelo faced them, and showed a slight smile.

“Even during our childhood days, my brother was fond of breaking my own toys," he said in his lighter tone. "He envied them, yet he had more things than me, since he was the elder child,” he said, walking towards the group. “I did not expect he’s still like that.”

--

The barriers broken since the Heirs departed from the grounds of Despera, they were free to exit the silent town. As they approached the exit, all of them looked back, and gazed for the last time the ruins of Despera. Samantha was trying to hide her tears, but Cailin was crying so hard that when she spoke, she almost choked on her own words.