Chapter 7

Keisha POV

"Peaches...Peaches baby wake up." I grumble, wondering why Teddy was trying to wake me up-TEDDY!?! I shoot up in bed and find Teddy sitting on the edge of the bed beside me with a light smirk on his face. I wipe my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming and sure enough, he was still there.

"Teddy!" I throw myself into his arms and he chuckles.

"Hey baby." He whispers into my hair. I pull back.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Atlanta."

"I had to come visit my baby, and put a smile on her face since no one else wants to do that right now. I know you're feeling like everyone is pushing you away, but think of it as them protecting you. The less you know, the better your relationships with the people you love will be."

"Gosh Teddy, it's very rare that your wisdom shines through." He scoffs and pushes me off my bed. "Hey!"

"I wad trying to help you understand little woman."

"Those some fighting words...little man."

"I've been inside you before, you know I'm far from little." Not having a good comeback, I huff and head over to my closet.

"I can't ever argue with you without you turning it into something sexual, can i?" I ask pulling out an outfit for today.

"You should know me by now babe." He hops off the bed and trots over to me before placing a smooch on my cheek. "I wanna take you out, after school of course."

"Hmm, I'll see if I can pull a few strings with coach so I can get out of having practice later." He gives me His cheesy smile and lifts me into a bear hugs. "But right now I have school!" He lets me down and I head into the bathroom. "And you better not be in my room when I'm done in here!" I shout, not wanting to further delay my morning with his touchy, feely self.

"I can't guarantee that mom!" He shouts back and I roll my eyes. I freshen up for today, gotta make sure my hygiene is on point. Teddy is right, I'll just have to wait until they come to me with the truth. Until then, I'll just give the cold shoulder. I'm your best friend, you're supposed to be able to tell me anything and not be afraid of my opinion. Gosh why can't I just figure out what they're hiding from me!?!

"I'm so slow, I swear." I chuckle bitterly to myself. After I finish, I leave and surprisingly Teddy has left the room. I quickly pull my clothes on and fluff my hair up before grabbing my things and heading downstairs.

"Morning Pumpkin." My daddy says and I give him a kiss one the cheek. "You're in a better mood today."

"Its because her boo is here." My ma chimes in and dad playfully sneers.

"No worries papa, I just got over the situation and I'm deciding to wait and let them come to me." I say plopping down on the stool beside him.

"That's good, you don't need anyone's problems stressing you out. As for your brother, I don't know why his heads all screwed on wrong. Only time can help him now."