Chapter 3

LONG CHAPTER AHEAD! I WAS FEELING GENEROUS😊

Keisha POV

As I wake, I can help but feel excited. I was heading to Atlanta to see Teddy's first game in action. After the 'sexting' incident earlier this week, everything has been going smoothly. Dad hasn't really badgered me about Teddy, though he does ask about us and what we've been talking about. I don't tell him all of our personal business, but I do tell him how Teddy is doing and things like that. Dad had went from "Don't do anything with my daughter" to "You are the only guy she's gonna be with, so if anything happens to her, you're blamed". I couldn't help but roll my eyes and giggle at my father's antics, knowing deep down that Teddy has his best interest at heart.

I climb out of bed this early morning and go to the bathroom to quickly get ready. We had to leave early to beat Atlanta's hectic traffic. We weren't sure where we'd be staying tonight because we had two options: with Teddy if he had the space, or our usual choice, which is a family member. I knew for a fact I was staying with Teddy though. Knowing my mom, she'd want to stay with my great aunt and her favorite aunt.

After brushing my teeth and untwisting my hair, I head to my closet to pull out my outfit for the day. It was chillier up in Atlanta due to the elevation, but I had no problem with it because I loved dressing warm in fall/winter. My off the shoulder sweater and my knit scarf made my eyes sparkle in excitement. I absolutely loved fashion, it helps me express how I'm feeling. I dress according to my mood, not to impress. People always ask why I gotta dress up just to go to school or to the store. Well, unlike the person that looks ratchet, having the nerve to ask me such a question, I like to look good. Even if it's just a pair of basketball shorts and a T, I never step out of the house tacky or with a bonnet, cap or whatever you call those things. I mean, no offense against people who do wear them out in public, but my ma never raised me to go out in public like that.

After my little mental battle with...whomever, I pull on my clothes and quickly snap a picture in the mirror. I tuck my phone into my purse after shooting Teddy a Good Morning text and grab my suitcase before heading downstairs. My mom, dad, and brother were already up. Apparently waiting for me.

"About time you came down, we were contemplating leaving you, but we know Davey boy wants you there." Deon rolls his eyes as he comes over and grabs my suitcase, carrying it out to the car.

"Beauty takes a little time honey." I send him a little kiss and he scowls causing me to giggle.

"That's right baby, now come along, Honey could you make sure everything is turned off? We'll be waiting in the car." Ma says to my dad before I grab her hand Walking out to the SUV. 

I hop into the back with my brother who's already buckled in, and not fully awake as he sits with his headphones on, his eyes fighting to stay awake

I hop into the back with my brother who's already buckled in, and not fully awake as he sits with his headphones on, his eyes fighting to stay awake. I lay a light slap on his face and his head pops up to send me a quick glare. I shrug my shoulders, an innocent smile on my face.