The Coronation

"Come on, don't make me go out there! It's embarrassing!"

"*Sigh* Quit whining! All you're gonna do is walk down the aisle, say some stupid vows, and then it'll be over. So get your ass out there!"

"But I hate public speaking!"

"Oh my God..."

OK, let's recap a little

Here's where we left off last chapter....

After David had been informed that he would now become a member of the student council, he was to participate in a ceremony in which he would pledge to serve the council to the best of his ability and officially become a member of the most secretive, mysterious, and scariest club in the entire school.

No pressure...

No pressure at all :)

"Really, I don't know if I can do th-"

Music started to play from the other room. The cheery notes carried themselves through the air and to the ears of the two bickering boys who were still in the dressing room.

"Shit..." Dylan silently cursed as he quickly realized that he was out of time to get David to stop being so nervous. David panicked a bit, now fearing the worst for any future screw-ups.

In an act that could only be described as pure impulse, Dylan grabbed his soon-to-be-fellow-council-member by the hand and dragged him out into the reception area where the other awaited David's arrival.

David awkwardly followed behind Dylan, clearly having a mini-panic attack (as well as blushing madly at the fact that Dylan was holding his hand again) as they walked down the aisle together, hand in hand.

Strange looks-along with some fan-girling were sent in the boys' direction as they walked down the aisle together before Dylan quickly walked to his assigned seat once David was in front of the tall wooden podium.

Danny, along with his twin, stood together behind the podium, waiting for the ceremonial music to end so they could begin the initiation ceremony.

Once the music had slowly faded out in its soft, final notes, Danny took the initiative to speak before David and his fellow council members.

"Council members! Today we officially welcome a new member of the council!" Danny said as he threw his arms into the air. He then handed the microphone to his brother, who unenthusiastically, took the mic and quickly said his line, wanting to get the ball rolling.

"As you already know, adding another member to the council is something we rarely do. However, because this student has shown great potential to become a major asset to our school's council, we decided to take him in as one of our own."

Devin then quickly handed the mic back to his cheery twin, not liking the fact that he had to read such a long portion of the opening speech.

Danny gladly took the mic back, clearly excited. "So, it is with great pleasure that we officially announce our newest addition to the council, David Rodriguez!" He shouted as the small audience before them applauded.

Devin, with a slight pout on his face eyed David with a slightly annoyed look. "Alright, now that that's over, go and say your vows or something..." He lightly demanded as he shooed his hand, gesturing the sophomore to hurry up.

David turned to look at Dylan for a moment, who was sitting on the front row. His eyes were trained on the scene before him, his gaze upon David for a moment before he blushed and turned away, memories of their "grand entrance" suddenly flooding his mind.

He looked back up at David, gave a small thumbs up, and twiddled his thumbs, still a little embarrassed.

David turned back once again, this time looking at the twin leaders of the council. They both eyed him with happy faces, excited to finally initiate a new member.

David nodded at the leaders.

"Right."

Time skip

"So, how does it feel to be a council member?" Danny asked after everyone had made it back to their room

"It was-" David was cut off by an alarm followed by red, flashing lights that overtook his vision and nearly sent the sophomore into a panic attack.

Another member walked into the room, panic clearly written on his face as he ran toward Danny.

"What's going on!" Danny demanded. David flinched, clearly not expecting such a tone from someone so soft-spoken.

"Sir, we've got a code red! Another shadow!"

Danny's face suddenly became more cold and serious, the temperature in the room seeming to drop at least 10 degrees.

"Void..." Danny dangerously muttered under his breath. He turned to the boy, a grave look on his features as he turned his head back to the messenger. "Is it Void?" He asked angrily.

"Y-yes sir... It is most l-likely that they are responsible for these latest attacks." The boy said, clearly uncomfortable with his leader's sudden change in behavior.

David looked between the two boys, clearly not understanding the situation. 'What the hell is a shadow?' David thought as he focused his attention on Danny, who was looking at David. 'And who's Void?'

"Look, I'll explain later. Just stay here until we get back, OK." He muttered, clearly annoyed that he never got the chance to explain his new recruits position clearly.

David nodded in understanding before the other two boys, along with the rest of the council, had gone off in search of this "Void"

'What kinds of secrets does this council hold'? David asked himself.

________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note:

Hi Sergio here, I have my friends helping me edit this for it to be more understandable. Big thanks to and For the editing and amazing support, As Well As MY Inspirators And . Thanks to everyone for reading this Work in Progress