Chapter 1: Anger Management

I sat with my legs crossed in the middle of the living room floor. "PICK ME UP! PICK ME UP! PICK ME- DAMMIT PICK ME- IUFVHERWLJBFGEWQP;KLGFLQ" I screamed, and threw my headset into the rug as I practically rage quit. I put the Xbox 1 controller down and flop back, covering my face with my hands. "2 HOURS OF MY LIFE. GONE. WASTED. DOWN THE FLIPPING DRAIN!" I whined through my hands, followed by fake sobs and laughs. I had been playing CoD Zombies with two of my friends from college. The past 2 hours had been total hell, and we were so close to beating it when the doofus known as Sebastian didn't pick me up. I yawned slightly and looked at my phone, it was 10:49 pm. I got up and shut off the console, before walking barefoot to the kitchen. My long black hair lay down my back, my straightened bangs covering my left eye. I'm dressed in some black active shorts and a baggy crystal blue shirt to match my eyes. After Rio, I had been relaxing a bit before the rest of the season continued. Hope had been called to a conference, and she told me she'd be home later. I checked my phone once again as I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, and texted Kelley. 

Me: Hey, are you still in Chicago?
Kels: Nope. I'm Chicagone.
Me: Stop. Lmfao, are you back in Seattle?
Kels: Yeah, I'm staying overnight at a hotel with Alex, Tobin, Julie and Christen. We'll head to the training grounds in the morning, and meet you and the others there.
Me: Alright, be safe. Love ya, and talk to you later.
Kels: Love ya too girlie. See ya!

With that, I slid my phone in my pocket and grabbed the bag of popcorn, then walked into the living room and plopped on the couch. I turned on Spongebob, and simply sat there. Hey, don't judge me. After about 30 minutes, the door to the apartment opened and Hope walked in, slamming the door behind her. It was obvious she had been crying, and she stormed to her room, mumbling something under her breath. "Hope?" I called to her, getting up and walking after her. I walked into her room, watching her throw her keeper gloves and cleats against the wall. "17 FUCKING YEARS, AND IT'S OVER." She yelled, continuing to throw the components of her suitcase against the wall. "Hope, hey. Calm down. Talk to me." I tried to reason, approaching her as I placed a hand on her back. We both sat down on her bed, and she began to explain that she had been suspended for 6 months and her contract had been terminated. I felt the anger rising through me. How could they do this?! People have done way worse and got a simply punishment. This? This was uncalled for. We sat there for about an hour, ranting about it and crying over it and hugging and- yeah. It was a mess. Finally, she spoke. "Sylv... If anyone has to take my place... I want it to be you." She said to me, wiping tears from her eyes. I looked at her wide-eyed. "Hope, there's no way. I'm a forward, and you're- you're a freaking legend!" I yelled, sitting up. "I'll work with you.... Just please, for me. I'll wait out this suspension, and knowing you're here with me and you're there to carry on. I don't want it to be anyone else.... Please Syl, for me?" She begged me, clinging to my arm. I looked over her, her blue eyes telling me she really wanted me to take her place. "You're serious...? You want /me/ to learn how to be a goal keeper...? And you're going to train me?" I asked her, looking straight into her eyes. "Yes. If I can't play, I want you to. And I know you can do it..." She told me. And with that, started a long journey of one of the biggest changes in my life.