Chapter 4: Fun Through Pain

Hope's POV

It was around 11:50 pm when the door to the apartment opened. Jade walked in and closed the door behind her, then carried her bag in and sat it beside the room to her door. Through the poorly lit room, I could see her eyes were red for some reason, and a dark marking along her neck. I pulled my legs closer to me as I sat up, looking at her with a concerned gaze as she sat down. "Sylvia, what happened?!" I asked, moving closer to get a better look at the bruising on her neck, thanks to the TV that was lighting up the room. "I had a run in with my ex...." She muttered, looking down as she did so. My eyes widened, and I was about to go off but I guess she expected it. She looked up into my eyes and placed a hand on mine, and gave a small smile. "Don't worry... Tobin took care of him..." Hearing that Tobes had done what I would have done, made me feel relieved. We sat and she explained what had happened, then she moved on to tell me how her first day as a keeper had been. "See?! I told you! I knew you'd make a great Keeper!" I yelled, shaking her shoulders as we both laughed. "I just.... I can't help but feel bad for taking your place- technically I can't take you're place. I'll be forever running behind you just trying to match up to your first times as a Goalie." She explained, chuckling a bit as she said so. I smiled at her and wrapped my arms around her in a hug, leaning my head against hers that was against my chest. "Thank you.... For everything. I don't know what I'd do without you." I said, and she hugged me back. After a while, we pulled out the futon and got a few beers to watch the SkyBlue vs Houston Dash game. We were laughing and having a good time, and every time we'd see Kelley, Carli, or Morgan. "Yoo, tomorrow we should get together with the squad and have a bonfire at the beach!" Sylv exclaimed randomly, sitting up as she looked at her phone. My eyes lit up, and honestly my excitement to see our particular group of friends. "Yes!" I yelled soon after, but then began to grow nervous. Were they disappointed in me? Would they be hateful towards me? "Okay!! I'm gonna make a group chat."

Group Chat:

Sylvia has added Hope, Carli, Kelley, Tobin, Alex, Julie, and Morgan.
Sylvia:  Hey guys! Sitting here with Hopers. We got the idea to get together for a bonfire at the beach. You guys free tomorrow night?
Morgan: Bonfire?! That'd be so much fun if all of us could make it!! I'm in!
Julie: Definitely in!!
Alex: I'm also in. I'd love to have the squad back together again!
Tobin: I agree with Al. It'd be great to have all of us back together. 8 o'clock sound good?
Carli: Sounds good to me, I can't wait!
Hope: I hope you won't mind me joining.
Carli: Hope. Seriously? You're part of the squad no matter what team you're on. We're friends before team mates, and that'll never change!
Sylvia: Exactly.
Tobin: Yeah Hope, no need to be Solo anymore.
Alex: Oh gosh Tobs
Tobin: What. Was that not a good pun?
Julie: Oh goodness x'D Perfect
Kelley: A B C D E F G, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue. One is chewing up my shoe. Now I'm running for my life, cuz the red one's got a knife.
Morgan: ......
Alex: .....?
Tobin: How hard did Kelley get kicked in the face with that ball Carli?
Carli: I don't think that's her problem. She's just being Kelley.
Kelley: :D
Sylvia: And that's why we love her. Kelley is Kelley.
Hope: Trueeee.

And with that, we planned out to join the group tomorrow night at Seattle beach. It would be a bit cold, so we decided it'd be best to bring blankets to lay on. It'd definitely be a fun time, and I looked forward to it.

We finished watching the game, and Sylvia lay on the futon upside down. I got up and walked into the bathroom to get my toothbrush, getting hers while I was in there. I put the toothpaste on both of them, then began brushing my teeth as I walked back in and handed her the toothbrush. "Noooo..... I don't wanna brush my teeth!" She whined, rolling over a bit which resulted with me laughing. "You haff tuh bursh yur teef!" I say while brushing mine, trying to get her to take it. "No! You can't-" She then screamed while laughing as I pinned her down, holding my toothbrush in my teeth as I used one hand to hold her face in place, the other was brushing her teeth. I then continued to brush mine while brushing hers, and we simply laughed the entire time. She got up to go spit in the sink, then ended up tripping over her bag she had sat in the room. She laughed as she caught herself, and I couldn't help but giggle as I also got up. "You said you're getting your wisdom teeth taken out next week?" I ask, she stopped to look at me. "Yeah, why?" "Because I don't think that's a good idea. You need all the wisdom you can get." I chuckle as I spit into the sink, she starts laughing.