4. Forgiveness is Key

It's been a month since Ziggara and I called it quits. Haven't talk to her since. I heard she was dating her old highschool lover Stephen again. Good for her. Thanks for wasting 2 years of my life that I could've found someone who actually cared. Who actually understands me. Who.. just feels what I feel. I've always wanted to have the feeling to where you just felt connected to someone like a chemical bond in our bodies. Call me crazy, but that's what I want. Oh ya let me mention that my mother and I are deciding to make a mends. Funny how my mother was finally excepting my relationship when it was over. I didn't tell her. I'll tell her after I hear what she has to say in person. My mother moved to Ohio. Why Ohio I don't know, but I'm travelling from Arizona all the way to Ohio..driving. It takes 29 hours. 14 hours, 15 more to go.

I'm just listening to the radio. Driving keeping my eyes on the road..

"Shit".
My tank was almost on E. I got off to at nearest exit to find the closest gas station. I found one. It Looked like a dump, but there were a couple of cars there getting gas. I guess the place isn't that bad.
I pulled up to a pump and got out the car to pay inside. There was an old man sitting beside the front entertrance. He seemed about probably around 60. He was wearing dirty overralls with a dingy white shirt underneath. He looked at me. I smile and went inside. I came back out and the old man decided to speak.

What's a pretty girl like you doing around huh.

Just needed to get some gas sir.

He looked into my eyes. His eyes were as cloudy and the smoke coming from a burning cigarette.

Ya travel huh by yaself?

Yes.

Where ya headun?

Ohio

What's in ohia.

My mother leaves there

You shoulden be travlin by yaself

Why is that

People crazy now days. Can't trust people..
Get out this town soon as ya can cause it's dangrous..

What's wrong with the town mister..

MURDAR. MURDAR!

He pointed out into the distance. I looked in the same direction..

Sir I don't see anything..

You don't have to see.. just know to always watch...

A middle aged woman with red hair came from inside the store..

Daddy leave this girl alone..

MURDAR!!!

I looked at the old man then back at the lady.

Sorry.. my daddy here.. kinda lost it after my sister passed about a year ago..

BLACK SHADOW!

Daddy! Calm down. I'm sorry.. would you like a free candy bar or somethin?

I looked at the old man.. I he was so traumatized. I wonder what happend..

No thanks.

I smile and walk away.

"Have a nice day!"

I filled up my tank.  The woman decided to take the man inside. I could still hear him yell "murder". I got in my car and left the suffering old man. What did he mean black shadow? I couldn't help feeling that something really twisted happened  in that tiny town.. it had nothing to do with me. It's not my concern.