Chapter 36

Blakes P.O.V

I feel Shane's fingers move and I take a look at her, and her eyes were open. I hover over her so she could see me.

"Shane?" I ask and her breathing was shallow.

"How long was I out?" She breaths out. I run and get a doctor and Shane's mum. The doctor comes running through and tells everyone to stay outside. Luckily Shane's mum said she wants me in, because I'm like a sister to Shane. We walk back in and Shane was trying to sit up, I could see the panic in her eyes.

"Shane please calm down" The doctor said to her.

"Where am I? What's going on? What happened?" All these questions were leaving her mouth and I felt so bad for her. I kept my distance while her mum comforted her and the Doctors checked her over.
After about half an hour they were done.

"Looks like your ribs are healing well and those cuts are looking fine, looks like you will have no permanent scaring" the doctor explains. Shane then looked over to me and I didn't hesitate to run and give her a hug.

"What happened?" she asks. I can tell she is close to tears.

"Shane, you were in a car accident, and you have a severe head injury." the doctor explained and Shane's face pales.
"What is the last thing you remember Shane, before everything went dark?"

"Um....Blake just found out that Jake cheated on her.....then she stole his car.....we are due to start community service in a couple of days. Me and Blake were in her room watching TV when everything went black. Then I woke up here" she explained. She turned to me and a few tears rolled down my cheek.

"Shane, that was over a month ago" I said and she gasped and started to cry.

"Doctor, will Shane ever regain her memory?" Mrs Jones asked.

"Um....I'm really sorry I have to tell you this but, the results show that, even though you have only forgotten a small amount there is a chance this could be permanent." the doctor said and Shane started to cry even more and her mum hugged her.
"Count yourself lucky Shane, some people forget a whole lot more than a month" the doctor said and then he left.

"Mum could you get me some water please" I asked and without another word Mrs Jones left and Shane looked at me.
"Explain everything that happened in the month I forgot"

"Um...Shane so much has happened. Like we met some great people, and they all have powers. Then...." I get cut off by yelling in the hallway. What the hell? Seconds later Ethan bursts through the door, he looked happy but also worried. Fuck this isn't going to end well.

"Sir you can't be in here, not yet anyway" a nurse said to him.

"Please I just need to ask Shane something." He pleaded.

"Ethan now isn't a good time" I softly said and Shane looked a little confused.

"What do you want to ask me?" She asked Ethan. Fuck he is going to be heartbroken.

"Shane.....do you have any idea who I am?" he asks. His eyes were filled with hope. I look back to Shane and she looked at him with no emotion in her face.

"No..." she said quietly. I turn back to Ethan who he looked like he was going to cry. Without another word he ran out the door.
"Blake who was that guy?" she asks me.

"Shane, that's your boyfriend, Ethan Dolan" I said and her face pales. Her mum walks back through and I tell her I will explain everything later.

Ethans P.O.V

This can't be happening, just no! Just..... FUCK! I want to punch something. I run out the hospital and Gray follows me.

"E, what did she say?" he asks me.

"Like I said Grayson. She doesn't fucking remember me" I snapped. I start to pace about, I really need to get out of here.

"Bro let's go for a coffee" he said grabbing my shoulder but I pushed his hand away.

"No I'm going home. Alone" I snapped and walked away before he could say anything else. I fucking knew this would happen! She doesn't remember you Ethan! I need to help her!

She has to remember me.