2 | Meeting Again

(y/n)'s lips parted and a little groan escaped as she regained consciousness. The fire that burnt the village, she had temporarily resided in, must've put more strain on her body than she realised.

That's right, it was only temporary; so why did she feel so disheartened? It wasn't her village, not one bit. It was just a pit stop, a resting place, her home away from her original home and an escape from the outside.

Her heart tensed at the images that flashed in her head: the houses burning to the ground, the faces of the villagers forever stuck in screams. But the images left her mind faster than they penetrated it.

As her eyes refocused, there was a glint as something shiny swung before her eyes. Widening those very eyes, she realised exactly what it was: sitting up she grabbed the necklace, that was worn by a cute blonde-haired boy. At a closer look, she could see it differed slightly from her own. With a feel of her outer clothes, she could tell that it was missing.

"Why do you have this? Where's my one?!" She glared into the eyes of the blondie. "Are you aware of how important this is?"

"Calm down." Zeno held up his hands and smiled a soothing smile, which had no effect on the maddened girl. "I do know how important this is. And I'd like to ask you the same thing, why do you possess this? And where did you get it from? There's only one person these could've come from, but no one other than me should've got one of these."

"King Hiryuu gave it to me." (Y/n) hmphed and made a grab for her precious necklace.

There was a unison of gasps around her at the mention of the legendary king.

"You... You were acquainted with King Hiryuu?" Zeno was the most shocked one out of them all. He had believed that he was the only one who had gotten a necklace from the king.

"Well, of course," (Y/n) replied almost matter-of-factly. "The king was my brother and assuming you have knowledge of the legendary dragons, I was also one. So, of course, I own one."

"Your brother?!"

"One of the dragons?!"