Chapter Three

"The point of us being in a MARRIAGE, is that we communicate with each other. I had a lot going on at that time and instead of talking to me about it, you slept with another woman. Instead of working with me through my problems, you go and create more. I just can't believe this shit. But I should've learned from high school. You're a cheater. Always have, always will," I said. I grabbed my pillow, phone and phone charger.
He blocked the doorway, he was nearing tears. He never cried.
"Kaylen I swear to you I'm so sorry. I never wanted you to find out like this. I never wanted this to even happen. Work with me through this, please baby. Please, I'm begging you," he grabbed onto my arms and literally got down on his knees. The longer i stared at him, the more I thought about Tamra & the moments they shared. I didn't know what I was going to do.
"You have my child scared to death that I'm going to leave and now he thinks it's his fault. You need to talk to him, you need to talk to this woman, you need to switch stations--preferably one with no women--and you need to do a hell of a lot more than go down on your knees for me to ever even begin to trust you again. When I was at my lowest, you ditched out on me. How am I supposed to deal with that? Now I feel like I always have to be on point to never lose your interest again. You have work to do. You should get to planning." I walked around him and into the guest room. I'd be sleeping here for a while.
I wasn't one to yell and argue, I told you what it is and let you deal accordingly.
I realized I needed to get out clothes for in the morning so I got up and headed back to our bedroom. He was sitting on the edge of the bed with his face in his hands.
"Baby, are you going to divorce me?"
I thought long and hard for that, "No. I promised my son I wouldn't leave him & i'm sure he'll make you promise the same thing. I'm stuck with your cheating ass for 17 and a half more years. Once my kids grow up though, I'm out."
"Baby--"
"Goodnight Jay." I said, grabbing my clothes. I walked past the dresser and saw his wedding band was off and on the counter.
"When's the last time you wore this," I asked holding it up.
"I don't bring it to work because I don't want to lose it."
"Good idea," I said, taking mine off and sitting it next to his. I headed to the guest room.
A few hours after getting into bed and falling asleep I felt arms wrap around me. I snuggled closer for a few seconds until I realized I should be sleeping alone. I jerked forward and looked to see Jay next to me.
"What the hell are you doing in here?! Get out."
"Baby, I can't sleep with you upset with me. I need you to forgive me."
"Jaylen that's not how it works. I can't just forgive you. This isn't something small like mistakenly backed into me. You cheated. You have yourself to another woman."
"I know what I did. I need to make this right, now. I'm gonna call her while you're here. I'll do anything to prove to you that I want you and only you." He got his phone out and called her number.
"It's about time you call me. It's been months," she said on the other line.
"My son saw us kiss today. I told you we can never do that again. Or anything else for that matter. We need to stop seeing each other."
"Funny, you didn't stop the kiss today. Your wife brought food today. It was good. But obviously not good enough for you to stay with her."
"I'm done with you Tamra. Lose my number."
"Baby I'll still see you at the station."
"I'm switching."
"To which one?" She flirted. I've had enough.
"To one you not going to. If I find out you not getting the memo, I won't hesitate to beat your ass," I said grabbing the phone. Jay tried to take it back but I wouldn't let him.
"So bold. Remember when you're kissing him it's my pussy you're tasting. & congrats, you're about to become a step mom." Click.
I froze. This days keeps getting worse and worse.
"She's not pregnant baby.....baby!" I started punching the hell out of Jay. Fist balled up and tears running down my face, I wanted to kill him. He got a hold on my hands and held me down.
"Baby, I swear she's not pregnant. I used a condom both times and I pulled out. Shit baby, I wouldn't want to make this worse, you have to believe me!"
My breathing got harder and I couldn't stop crying. I can't believe this was happening to me right now. I can't believe I was going through this.
"Baby please believe me," Jay kept begging. He pulled me into his arms and I didn't have the strength to fight him off.
There was a small knock on the door and junior poked his head in.
"Where's mommy?" Junior started to cry. I quickly tried to fix my face.
"I'm right here baby, come here." He crawled in the bed and jumped in my arms to hug me tight.
"I thought you left. You not in your bed. Why not?"
"I just didn't want to sleep in my bed tonight."
"Can I sleep with you so you don't leave me?"
"I'm not gonna leave you baby. But yes you can sleep with me."
"Is daddy gonna sleep here too?"
"No, daddy is gonna sleep in our real bed tonight. It'll just be me and you baby."
"Daddy I'm mad at you," junior said.
"Come on baby, go to sleep," I urged him. I knew this would break Jays heart and I didn't want that to happen, "you can talk to daddy in the morning."
Junior laid close to me and i waited for Jay to leave.
"Goodnight Kayla. I love you." he said walking out the door. I stayed quiet and cuddled against my baby.
"do you love daddy mommy?" Junior asked.
"Yes I do. And I love you too," I said kissing his forehead.