Chapter 10

Jessie pov

Saturday morning came too soon. I worked early today and we arrived late last night. Just thinking about last night made me groan. Matt had kissed me twice or once and then tricked me into kissing him again. I was so confused now, I liked Mitch but Matt also made me feel.. well alive. The only one to blame now was Nikie. She just had to agree to the date and there I was feeling confused about Mitch trying to kiss me. What was I going to do now, ugh this was just too hard.

I got ready for work before headed for the kitchen. Mom hadn't returned from work yet so I left her a note telling her I would be back around 2. I grabbed a bowl and some frosted flakes. I had plenty of time to eat and head to work. I have been saving up so that when I leave for collage I would have some money to keep myself up until I found another job. I had worked at the same marked for more then three months now and had saved up at least five hundred, give or take. I left the house and headed to work.

Today I would be stocking the store, which was more work then being a cashier. I decided to unpack and sort out some of the things going in the same aisle, that way I wouldn't have to make several trips back to the same place. I stacked a couple boxes in a cart and headed out to the store to start. I was placing canned goods and sauces in their place, stopping only when a costumer needed to get something by me. After that I started placing juice and soda bottles away. My arms were getting tired of picking up and placing the heavy bottles on the shelves.

''Hey Jessie,'' Nikie said coming up behind me and startling me.

''What is it with everyone scaring me lately,'' I said annoyed.

''Well you do spook easily so, that must be it,'' she laughed ''so what did you think of last night. I think it was a blast.'' She looked really happy.

''It was very fun,'' I admitted, '' and I saw someone getting real cozy with a certain somebody after dinner,'' she just grinned.

''Yeah. He is such an amazing kisser too.''

''Well did he ask you out or are you even going to tell me?''

''No,'' she frowned. ''I was sure he would ask when he walked me home but he didn't. Maybe I came on to strongly, I don't know but he's not getting away that easily.''

She could be very persistent if she wanted something. She followed me around while I worked but soon had to leave. I worked slowly for another hour before taking my break. I bought a candy bar and drink, heading outside to eat at the bench in front of the store. It was a gloomy day but not cold. The clouds were thick with rain but we hadn't seen one drop so far. For some reason I liked days like this. The town looked different with the grey backdrop, giving the buildings a more vivid color. I sat there enjoying the scene and passing cars. There were plenty of small stores here and there but many people liked heading over to the next towns for a better variety.

The rest of the day went by easily enough. My arms ached from all the lifting and a nap sounded really good. I reached the house and found mom in the kitchen preparing a sandwich. With her back turned to me, I reached for it.

''That wasn't for you Jessie.''

''I know but thanks its really good,'' I said through a mouthful.

''Well how was your date last night?''

''Mom it wasn't a date, just me and Nikie hanging out with friends.''

''Call it what you want but remember I was young once too.''

''Yea OK but it was NOT a date.''

I went to my room and removed my work clothes. Grabbing some shorts and a tank top, I went to take a long hot bath. Turning on the tap I grabbed a bottle of scented shower gel and poured some in. After filling it up I removed the rest of my clothes and sank into the tub. The warmth of the water soothing my nerves and relaxing my muscles. I turned on the radio on the wall and leaned back, closing my eyes.