Chapter23

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch pov

Cars started arriving some time later, most of the pack members from school and work were returning. Matt and I were trying to calm everyone down and get families together. We needed to find out who was here and who was still missing. Cain wanted most of the younger kids and even some families moved to another neighboring pack in case we were attacked. We didn't know who was working with Patrick yet or how many he brought with him. It was really nerve racking and everyone was on edge.

I noticed a group of men making their way towards Cain. I moved around, trying to get close enough to listen in. They closed the office door after them and I had to stand really close to make out the conversation over the pack noise.

"We looked for him at the school but he wasn't around. Then we went to his place but it was empty."

"Then what was so urgent?"

"We also found another scent besides Patrick's, a pack members scent."

"Who's?"

"Jake's daughter."

"What!"

"Her car was at the school parking lot but her scent was fresh in his apartment. There was signs of a struggle in his apartment but we don't know from who. Our guess is that it was hers, maybe he took her."

"Shit, go find Jake. I need to inform him."

I rushed out of the way as footsteps came to the door. If Gabriel had Missy then he must have taken her by force because as far as I knew they were never in speaking terms. I had to find Matt and Kevin, the adults didn't think we were capable of anything and we needed to stay informed.

I spotted Matt in the front yard talking with a family. Kevin was over a couple people, I made my way towards him. I caught Matts eye and motioned for him to follow me.

"Kevin, we need to talk someplace private."

He nodded and started walking towards the side of the pack house.

"What did you find out?"

"They didn't find Gabriel at school or at his place. They also found Patrick's scent AND Missy's scent."

"What, why was her scent there?"

"Have either of you seen them together?"

"No." They said in unison.

"They think she was taken, they found signs of a struggle."

"Do you think she found out about him and he took her?" Matt asked.

"Its a possibility, but I'm sure she wasn't in on it though." Kevin replied.

"Any other news?"

"No nothing. Cain is going to be sending most of the families away in a little while."

"Yeah. Well I'll go back in and see what else I can find. See if there is anybody else that is missing too."

They nodded and left, while I went back inside. With all the pack members inside it was hard trying to find who was the owner of the scent I had found. It frustrated me that I couldn't even do that. I saw the beta and his mate walking towards the office, this was going to be tough for them. Patrick now had their daughter and who knew what he was planning for the rest of the pack. Then there was Jessie and her mom, so far we had had no news about their whereabouts and it was killing me not knowing if she was safe or in danger.