Chapter 21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch pov

I ran to my bike, my heart racing and an icy, dreadful feeling filled me. I couldn't believe that someone was after Jessie and as far as I knew, may already have her. I sped past Kevin on the road, but instead of heading to the pack house, I headed to her house. I needed to see what happened for myself. I was probably going 50mph on a 35mph zone but I didn't care at the moment.

When class started and Jessie hadn't showed up, I knew something was wrong. As soon as the class ended I pulled out my phone and dialled her number but she didn't answer. Nikie was also calling her number and the house number but we couldn't get a hold of anyone. Then when Kevin ran to the parking lot I knew something had come up. To think that just yesterday I was there with her and that I may not see her again, tore at my heart and I pushed the bike to go faster.

When I reached the house I couldn't tell anything was out of place, but when I got to the front door, I found the damage. The door was splintered and hanging of its hinges, it looked like someone kicked it in. My heart started beating faster, this couldn't be happening. I pushed the door open and saw the mess left behind. Splintered wood and shattered glass littered the floor. The mirror on the wall was shattered and pieces of the glass was scattered across the bottom of it. Some of the furniture in the living room was tossed across the room with such force that it went through one wall.

The kitchen was in the same state, broken plates lined the floor and crunched under my foot. The smell of a male wolf was overpowering in this room. My wolf growled at the stench left behind, he wanted blood. When I saw in what state the bedrooms were in, my blood was boiling. Rage filled me and I felt my wolf taking over. I let him and let the change happen.

My bones cracked, breaking and popping back into its new shape. Fur started growing out throughout my body. My hands and legs changed into paws and the nails grew out into claws. I fell down on my knees and felt my legs break and take shape. My face started to elongate to form a snout. I felt my canines come down and my senses start to sharpen even more.

I opened my eyes, the room coming into focus and the smell of the other wolf hit me again. I growled, the smell was everywhere. I let out a long and angry howl. I took a deep breath and tried to locate where the scent left off. I followed it outside through the front door and around the house. I ran in the direction of the smell, entering the woods and only stopping to recheck where the smell went. A short time later it ended and I found clothes near the base of the tree. Here the scent changed too, it was mixed with a different scent but I couldn't remember where I had smelled it before. I looked around but didn't see or hear anyone. I tried to find out where this new scent went, but it was lost in the mixture of other wolf scents, my pack's scent.

Realization hit me square in the face, there was a traitor inside our pack. I ran as fast as I could to the pack house. In record time I reached the alpha's house, Matt and Kevin's cars were already there. I shifted back and ran inside. The house was filled with people, I had to push myself through the packed house.

"Quiet!"

The sound of the alpha, stopped everyone in their tracks. He was near the back door and was trying to get everyone's attention. His voice loud and demanded attention.

"Now, I understand your concerns but as far as we know, Patrick is looking for Angie and so far he hasn't made any attempts towards the pack. We are trying to locate both Angie and Jessie before he gets to them. We think he got there after they left but may be able to locate them. We need as many hands as possible to help with the search."

"But what if he decides to attack the pack. We need to protect the pack first."

"We will have the best fighters here but I do need others to help search."