Chapter 19

Mitch pov

My wolf was restless, Jessie hadn't been in class this morning. Then by lunch time she never showed up, Nikie had no idea where she was either. I left them and headed outside to call her but she never answered. The only thing that came to my mind was the conversation I had overheard this weekend and dread fill me. WE MUST GO FIND HER, my wolf kept insisting. But what if it was nothing and I was just overreacting. I had to find out who was after them, my wolf wouldn't rest until we found out.

"Hey, Mitch."

I turned and saw Matt coming over.

"Hey Nikie just talked to Jessie. She just overslept and stayed home, you can chill out now."

"Yeah, I guess I am stressing out a little."

"A little? You've been looking worried since we came back from the trip. Are you alright? "

"No, not really."

I looked around to see that no one was close to listen in and told him what I overheard. He frowned, thinking it over.

"So there is something really strange going on. She must be scared for both Jessie and herself. They don't trust us, which I understand, we're new here and they may think we're working with the person thats after them. But Tony is going to tell Kevin, I'm presuming, so were going to have to wait. If we start asking questions then we'll just end up looking more guilty. Lets just wait until Tony clears our names and then we'll demand some answers."

"OK, lets just hope he clears us soon. In the mean time I'm not leaving Jessie alone."

He nodded. The lunch bell rang and we headed to our next class. Even now that I knew Jessie was safe, my wolf kept feeling restless. He knew something was wrong but I still couldn't figure out what. Class went by fast but I can't remember what it was about.

As soon as school was over I dialed Jessie's number.

"Hello."

"Hey Jessie, I missed you." I said trying to keep my voice calm, even though I still felt a bit restless.

"Yeah, sorry Mitch. Time just slipped by and I overslept."

"Can I come over to see you?"

"Sure, mom's asleep and I wanted to go for a walk but not by myself."

"OK. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"See you then."

Just hearing her voice calmed me. I walked over to my bike and placed my helmet on. Near the school entrance I  saw Gabriel and Missy talking. It was strange but since Matt stopped talking to her, I guess she was looking for some other company. Although, Missy had a more serious look then her usual smile.

I reached Jessie's house in no time and made my way to her door. Before I could knock, she was already opening the door.

"Hey."

"Hey. So what does my sleepy head want to do?" I joked.

She laughed and grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. "Were going for a walk and I need you there to distract the wolves in case they decide to come back. That way I'll have a chance to run while you distract them."

"What wolves?" My heart accelerating, did that guy already know where she was.

"Well maybe not wolves. I got up and didn't find my mom, so I thought she was taking a walk and I went into the woods. When I turned back to come home a silver wolf was behind me. God I was so scared, but it just turned and ran into the woods."