Page 1 : Ream of Numbness

I opened my journal, took the pen from it's case, then sat down the chair, put both of my elbows on the table and wrote the introduction for the first page

The normal flow of around has just started. The sparkling stars began to invade the skies, trees near the roofed porch danced with grace as the cold refreshing winds escorted the leaves to the ground, the singing of hummingbirds embraced me,  torturing the pain that I kept in my wounded heart. I should calm myself to lessen the painful burden I was carrying for almost four fricking months. I never thought that our relationship would just ended up this way...
He left me behind his doors while I kept knocking on it just to show how much I loved him.....

I stopped writing for awhile and went outside to know if who is the new comer. Without my slippers, I stepped onto the ground which the leaves had fallen. I could feel the coldness embracing me as if I am a corpse letting my goosebumps arouse from the dead because of the winds awaken my senses as if a numb like me turned into a sensitive deceived lassie...

Out of nowhere, a mystic man in black wearing a hooded cape appeared from the dim side of the empty road. He slowly walked towards my direction while he's holding a gun. His smirk plastered on his face and the fierce look concealing his orbs injected fear in me.

The way he gave his threat was effortless. I hid the sneak me behind my lifeless eyes that are now facing the stranger in front of me.

"Ano ang kailangan mo sa akin?"

I asked with bravery in my voice.

"Iba ka talaga sa mga babaeng nakilala ko...matapang ka nga talaga, Hellen Fross, hindi ko man lang makita sa mga mata mo na natatakot ka." He said and put his palm on my shoulder as if we're the best partners who won the game. "At mukhang nakatago ang takot na yun sa likod ng mga mapanukso mong mata." Saad niya. "Kaya ako nandito para hikayatin kang sumali sa aming samahan."

He added. I moved my shoulder on which his palm had placed to shed his hand.

"Wala akong panahon para sa mga walang kwentang bagay, kaya pwede ba layuan mo na ako...maaari ka na makaalis, Kevin West." I concluded and began to take steps away from him.

"Alam kong magbabago pa ang isip mo..." I could smell resistance in his voice when he said those words. What a stubborn...the word 'submission or 'surrender rather is very hard for him to understand.

When I finally reached the Porch, I looked at the stranger's whereabouts to know if he's still there, but that guy just disappeared...the road was empty again.

I carefully closed the main door to prevent from making noise.

"You're still awake?" Aunt Ladelle burst in front of me.

I nodded as a response.

She gave me a simper smile when I finished answering the query.

I entered my room and started fixing stuffs especially the things needed for school. While preparing, I took a look at the small alarm clock...it's 1:00 am already so I still have five or six hours maybe to sleep..

I laid down on my bed and stretched both of my hands as well as my knees. I closed my eyes and covered myself with the comforter to abate the coldness that I felt earlier.

Tomorrow is the 20th day of class

.....and I'm too sick of it.

I opened my eyes again and glanced at my journal. If introduction belongs to the first page, titles to the stories, this journal in front of me is the incipient of my destiny which I have to prepare for. That journal is not just a keeper of ream, but it's the only thing where I could lean on 'cause all the words that were shown in every page of it, are my numbness...