7 - Missing

I stared at my ceiling, the small glow in the dark stars stuck on it slowly fading, and went over my conversation with Deaton over and over. 

-

"Keep an open mind, okay?" He said, almost as a reminder. I nodded in confirmation. He took a deep breath before sighing "Okay, there are things in this world that you wouldn't believe. Things, you only see on TV, but i can assure you, they - the Supernatural that is - are very, very real." I opened my mouth to speak but he held his hand up to keep me silent "Creatures like spirits, shape-shifters..." He looked me in the eye "Werewolves." 

"I know," I breathed out "I mean, the other night i was only half conscious but... i remember everything i saw. They moved too fast to be human, and Scott... his eyes glow red when he lies, did you know? Just a flicker on the edge of the iris but still..." I trailed off. I glanced down to my hands, my fingers weaving together "I thought i was seeing things because, who am i kidding? People don't bloody appear out of thin air! But it makes sense, i suppose..." I looked up to him once more. He seemed intrigued but unsurprised.

"You're taking this very well, and no, i hadn't noticed Scott's eyes. I think perhaps you have an ability to sense when you are being lied to, the same reason you so readily believed me. You knew i was telling you only the truth" 

"You think I... me... You think i'm supernatural?" I whispered, confusion etching my face

"Not necessarily, no. Some humans possess a similar ability. Yet you were affected by the spirit, and so far only the supernatural have been approached by them which leads me to think that perhaps you are not just perceptive." 

"So Stiles and Scott, both of them? and their other friends?" I asked, unsure of how to process all of the information i had just received. He shook his head with a small smile

"Scott is a werewolf, an alpha. Isaac and Derek too. Stiles is...very human, though far more useful in a predicament than you may think" I frowned, interrupting

"Why would i think that? He's really smart" His features again, turned into a smile

"Of course, some just get the wrong impression, but with your perceptiveness i shouldn't have doubted it." I shook my head, refocussing

"Anyway, Lydia? Allison? What are they? Werewolves too?" 

"Lydia is a banshee, very powerful when the voice is harnessed, though she is only now discovering her abilities. Allison comes from a long line of were-wolf hunters" I frowned

"But she and Scott..."

"Yes, their relationship was something of a danger but more than anything she is a highly trained, skilled fighter - an excellent archer." I nodded, trying to pretend as if everything wasn't bubbling up in my chest

"So what do i do now? Why are you telling me this?" I asked, curious as to what the purpose of our discussion was

"There is a mark behind your ear, a backwards 5. A few others have been marked, yet theirs faded to black, yours as yet to do so. It burns red - though it appears to be darkening as we speak." I lifted my hand to behind my ear. The mark stung a little when i touched it, but the throbbing in my head had begun to subside. "The mark is of supernatural origin and thus, there may be effects... i don't know the extent of them yet, but be wary." I nodded, letting him know i at least half understood "As for what you do now... go home, rest, sleep - i have a feeling things are going to become very complicated quickly"

-

Now, i turned once more with a sigh, sleep was not going to come tonight. Jordan was busy with paperwork at the Sheriff's station so i swung my legs out of bed and moved over to my desk to get the simple lilac dress and black tights that i had thrown over my chair for the next day. I slowly slipped off my pyjamas, leaving me in only lacy underwear and a bralette. If i couldn't sleep i may as well have gotten homework done - and i can't concentrate in pjs. Suddenly, my loud ringtone blared through the silence, the bright screen causing me to squint in the still dark room. Scott's name flashed on the screen. Surprised and concerned, i lifted the phone to my ear.