Chapter 2

This person who had simply walked up and sat next to Toast without any explanation, suddenly looked up at him innocently, a smile on his lips as he'd frozen with an apple halfway to his mouth.

"My names Johnny, although people usually just call me Ghost. And you?" The boy; or rather, Ghost, asked.

"Johnny Toast." He spoke quietly, studying Ghost and wondering what he was doing.

"Nice to meet you, Toast." He chuckled, bringing his apple the rest of the way to his lips and taking a bite, turning back to his lunch as if it was nothing out of the ordinary for him to sit next to Toast. Toast finally decided to voice his thoughts, asking why Ghost had decided to sit next to him of all people. He seemed to be a very social person, who would have many friends to sit with at lunch time.

"Well, I saw you sitting here alone, and I just sat down. Was that wrong of me?" He raised an eyebrow, and Toast sputtered out a simple 'no'.

"I just meant, uh.. Don't you have friends you'd rather sit with besides me?" He questioned, looking around the cafeteria at the many different groups of people all sat together, wondering if any of them were his usual table.

"No, not really. Honestly I'm more of a loner, I just keep to myself and do whatever it is I want." He shrugged, taking another bite of his apple while thinking. "And today I felt like sitting with you. You were alone, I had nothing else to do.. And you looked pretty cute." He shot Toast a smirk and winked, before looking straight ahead again and continuing to eat.

Toast felt his face heat up, and he spluttered out random sounds, none of which made coherent words. Ghost simply chuckled at him, punching him playfully in the shoulder as he smiled kindly. "I'm only teasing you. I mean, it's true, you are pretty cute. But I just wanted to have a normal talk with you. Don't be so shy~" He teased, and Toast swallowed thickly, looking down at the table and nodding his head slightly.

"A-alright.." He shot a small and nervous smile back to him, and Ghost's own smile widened as he launched into a random and cheerful conversation with him. The two talked about many random things, Toast talking without feeling awkward about it. He had to admit, it was very fun to talk with someone. He didn't mind being alone-mostly because he never knew differently-but Ghost seemed to be very nice, and they had quite a lot in common.

All too soon however, their lunch period came to an end and they both needed to return to their class. Toast quickly picked up his things, ready to head back to class and not really expecting Ghost to talk very much with him again. So, it was quite a surprise to him when Ghost grabbed his arm, tugging him around to face him again with a smile.

"We should talk again tomorrow." He offered, and Toast's eyes widened, before he quickly nodded his head and gave a polite smile to him.

"Th-that would be fun, yeah." Toast said in return, Ghost grinning and shooting him another wink.

"Awesome. See you then." And with that he walked in the opposite direction of Toast, leaving Toast to stand there with yet another blush on his cheeks. After a moment he shook off his embarrassment, instead smiling widely as he realized he might have just made a friend.

Friend. He thought. It felt nice, that word. He certainly hoped that would be the case, at least.

With one last thought of Ghost, Toast quickly turned and went on his way, ready for his next class to start, and impatient for the next day's lunch to come.