Chapter 16 1/2

One person said yes and I wanted to write it anyways, so here we go. Chapter between Jimmy and Gavin.

"Do you normally go to parties like this?" Gavin asked Jimmy as he drove to his friend's place, glancing at him with a raised eyebrow. "Don't think I've ever seen you before at any I've gone to."

"Sometimes. It's kinda rare though, I mostly stick to myself." Jimmy shrugged, glancing away with red cheeks. He hoped Gavin couldn't tell he'd been watching him. Gavin nodded.

"That makes sense. Do you like them?" Gavin kept up the conversation.

"Well, I mean, I wouldn't go if I didn't like them." Jimmy chuckled. "Don't you like them?" Gavin shrugged.

"Sometimes. I mostly go cause my friends expect me to, though. They're not bad." He explained. Jimmy just nodded.

It stayed silent for few minutes, neither knowing what to talk about, until Gavin finally broke it once again. "So uh, do you go to our school?"

Jimmy shook his head. "Nah, I'm not in school anymore. Had to drop out so I could work." He shrugged, avoiding Gavin's eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry," Gavin chewed his lip awkwardly, unsure what to say next.

"Well anyways, what's it like having a twin?" Jimmy changed the subject, and Gavin groaned.

"Annoying." He laughed, shaking his head. "People get us confused all the time, and it's basically just the same as having a brother. I'm sure you know what that's like."

"Of course." Jimmy laughed with him. "Ghostie gets on my last nerves sometimes. We are pretty close, though."

"That's good. Having a sibling can be just like having a friend sometimes." Gavin shrugged. "Anyways, we're here."

****

Later on in the evening, more people had arrived at the party, and Jimmy had disappeared for a little bit, leaving Gavin in the corner. His other friends were talking with people he didn't know, so he stayed to himself and wondered where Jimmy had gone.

Jimmy was busy wondering why he had gone where he was. He only came to this party because he wanted to spend more time with Gavin, and now he wasn't sure what to do. If he just stayed with Gavin the whole time, surely that would get annoying. He thought it would be best if he went and grabbed a drink, maybe it would help him to let loose a little and not be so awkward around him.

He wasn't sure what exactly was wrong. He had no problem flirting with cute guys normally, but he felt super nervous around Gavin. It was strange, he had only just met him anyways.

He had a couple drinks before returning back to Gavin, finding him in the corner, away from everyone. He stared at him for a moment. Gavin was leaned against a wall, his arms crossed as he looked around at everyone else. He was chewing his lip again, Jimmy noticed he had been doing that when he was nervous or thinking. His eyes locked with Jimmy's while he was staring, Jimmy flushing while Gavin grinned, waving him over.

"Where'd you go?" Gavin questioned-Jimmy was glad he didn't mention he was staring.

"Just went to grab a drink.. or two." Jimmy shrugged, and leaned against the wall next to Gavin, looking more awkward than Gavin did. "Also went to just question why I came here." He sighed.

"What'd you mean? Didn't you want to come?" Gavin looked at Jimmy, turning his body to face him. Jimmy watched him for a moment before answering.

"I actually don't know anybody here." He admitted. "I came because you were hot and I wanted to talk to you more."

Gavin chuckled. "Is that really the only reason you came?" He grinned at Jimmy, inching closer to him. Jimmy definitely noticed, but wasn't sure it was intentional. He gave a sheepish nod.

"I usually just flirt with guys I find attractive and then leave it at that, but I actually wanted to talk to you for some reason." Jimmy glanced away from him, then looked back with an awkward laugh. "And I'm actually getting flustered when you catch me staring at you. It really isn't like me."

"Seems like somebody has a crush, then." Gavin laughed loudly, and for a moment Jimmy was afraid it was a mocking laugh. He stepped back a little, looking down.

"I'm sorry. That's pretty damn weird of me." He swallowed thickly, and Gavin shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. You're really cute." He complimented, and Jimmy once again felt heat rise to his cheeks. "We could go out sometime to a place filled with less loud and drunk teenagers, if you'd like." Gavin smiled reassuringly at him, and Jimmy smiled back.

"That sounds great." Jimmy stepped back closer to Gavin, so they were standing just as close as before. Gavin leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to Jimmy's cheek, before moving back to his position leaning on the wall again.

"Well I already know where your house is." Gavin started. "I can pick you up for our date anytime this week."

Date. That sounds nice, Jimmy thought.

He was definitely looking forward to it.

Uploading this while in drivers ed lol

Sorry I'm a day late I don't have chapter 17 written but I promise I'll get it done! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye!-Bob