Chapter 6: Wednesday

Toast walked silently next to Ghost as he talked, going on about how great his last prank he pulled on his brother was. Toast was listening, but not fully registering what he was saying exactly, until suddenly Ghost tapped him on the shoulder. "You aren't listening. I asked you if you'd like to hang out at my place today."

"Oh!" Toast smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, that sounds fun." He answered, and Ghost smiled back.

"We should get going, then," Ghost led the way, Toast following, same as always. Neither of them really knew who had started it, but at one point the two had begun holding hands as they walked.

"Here we are!" Ghost stopped in the middle of what he was talking about, pointing to a small house up ahead. The two walked up together, Ghost unlocking the door and opening it for Toast.

They walked into the living room, Ghost setting down his bag and telling Toast he could set his down too. This was when another person entered the room, looking at Ghost and the person he'd brought over. Toast examined him, guessing that he must be Ghost's brother. The two looked very similar. What was his name again? Jimmy?

"That your boyfriend?" Jimmy asked, looking pointedly at the two's hands. Toast blushed, when had that happened? He let go of Ghost's hand quickly.

"No, not my boyfriend." Ghost glared at his brother, looking embarrassed as well.

"Really? That's good. He's pretty cute." Jimmy grinned, winking at Toast. Toast's face was as red as possible, and Ghost looked annoyed.

"Oh, shut up Jimmy!" Ghost grabbed Toast's hand again, pulling him past Jimmy and into the hall. "Do you always have to do this?" He shook his head, dragging Toast into a room-Toast assumed it was his bedroom-and slamming the door shut.

Toast stood in awkward silence for a moment and Ghost glared at the floor. "Er, what was that about?" He spoke, and Ghost blinked, turning to look at him as he took a seat on his bed, Toast sitting next to him.

"Oh.. sorry. Jimmy can get really annoying, he always has to try and steal the friends I make away. Not that very many people hang out with me.." He shrugged. "I guess I'm kind of jealous of him. He's always been more popular than me."

"I understand that.. My brother, Gavin, he goes to parties and stuff all the time. He has a bunch of friends." Toast shrugged. "For me, one friend is enough." He smiled at Ghost. Ghost smiled back, cheeks tinged pink.

"Well, now that we're here, what do you wanna do?" Toast questioned, and Ghost grinned.

"I was just thinking about the next prank I was gonna pull. You don't mind listening to me talk about it, right? Well anyways, I was thinking about spray painting the walls-" Ghost began to go on, and Toast listened quietly, his smile wide.

Toast thought Ghost was awfully cute when he talked about his pranks.

Oh boy. It's been nearly a month-DONT HATE ME ILL TRY TO WORK HARDER ON THIS BOOK

I've had a lot of inspiration for writing lately, so hopefully that continues on so I can get a bunch of chapters out for you! I still have my other GxT book to work on as well, but I'm probably not going to get around to that one until this book is completed, or unless I just feel like working on it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if it's not the best, I have a pretty bad cold and I haven't been able to focus super well, so it's probably not as good. 😅thanks for reading. Bye!-Bob