Nineteen

surprise x2

Jacob got home from work, dropping his keys on the table and grabbing a bottle of water before making his way to the bedroom to get Troye. He was happy to be home, work and being away from Troye was almost as hard on him as staying home by himself was on Troye. He pushed open the bedroom door, only to find the room empty.

Jacob rushed to the cage that stood open, furrowing his brow as he saw that the clasp had been undone and it was empty.

"Troye?" Jacob called, leaving the room and looking around the apartment. "Where are you? C'mere Kitty!"

There was silence, pure silence. If Troye would have been hiding, wouldn't Jacob have heard the bell on his collar? Also, his mouse toy was in his cage. He wouldn't have left it behind, he was obsessed with wandering around with it in his mouth.

Jacob searched the house top to bottom, going into full blown panic when he still couldn't find him. He called the first person that came to mind: Phil.

"Hey Jacob! How are you?" Phil greeted, happy as ever. There was slight distraction in his voice, along with the sound of a bell in the background. As happy as Jacob was for Phil on Dan's adoption, the sound of the neko playing made him even more anxious.

"I'm not the best, Phil."

"Oh why not? Are you okay? Is Troye okay?"

"T-that's the thing," Jacob said. "I don't know if Troye is okay. Phil, he's gone. I came home and his cage was open and he is gone and what if he ran away? What if he is mad at me and-"

"Jacob, just breathe okay? Do you think he ran away?"

"I-I don't know, Phil. I have no idea... He couldn't get out of his cage though? And he wouldn't do that, it's not safe. Oh no, do you think he came looking for me? Oh no Phil... He's not street smart, we all know that. And he's so vulnerable! I'm going to look for him."

"I'll be over in a few minutes. Don't go anywhere, you hear me?"

Jacob nodded, though staying still was the last thing he wanted to do. Troye was not safe wandering the city alone, if that is what he was doing.

Jacob sat on the couch and stared at the door, waiting for Phil. That is when he realized something.

Two leashes were gone. Jacob's jacket was also off of its hook.

This formed a triangle.

What did a triangle point to?

Illuminati.

Jacob ran to the bathroom to grab something, only to notice the markings on the door.

How many markings?

10.

What does 10 stand for though?

Well, let's look into this.

"Illuminati."

I-L-L-U-M-I-N-A-T-I.

How many letters?

10.

So if you look at these clues...

We have a triangle, 10 marks that mean Illuminati, and a missing kitten.

Jacob gasped.

Troye had been stolen by the Illuminati, and he would never get him back.

THE END.