One

Mia POV

Hi I'm Mia I'm 16 and I'm a Jr. I recently moved to San Diego. I'm the only child and I use to be a foster kid. I got adopted when I have 8. The family I have now loves me, and I love them too. My birth mother died and my father didn't want me anymore.

I was sad, but realized I would have a better family. Tomorrow is my first day at Anchor Beach. It's a school on the beach and it's awesome. Today is Sunday so school is tomorrow. I already have my outfit picked out.

Next MorningI got up dreading the sound of my alarm

Next Morning
I got up dreading the sound of my alarm. I got dressed into my outfit and went downstairs.

"Hey momma" I smiled grabbing a bowl from the cabinet.

"Hey sweetie." She smiles.

I grab the cereal box. My favorite is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Ugh it's so good.  After I ate I went to the bathroom and fixed my hair. I have long brown hair that reaches my waist. I'm planning on cutting it.

I put my hair into a high ponytail. I walk to school because it's not that far. I grabbed my bag and started walking.

At School
"Good morning students we hope you have an amazing day. " the announcements says.

I smiled. This school is awesome. I needed to find my Locker. My locker number is 86. I look to my left and one of the lockers says 57. Great I have a long way.

I walk down the hallways trying to find my locker. I seen the boy and girl talking. I should ask them.

"Hi um can you guys help me. " I asked them.

"What do you need help with. " the boy smiles.

"Um my locker. I can't find it. " I say looking at my schedule.

"Oh your new" he smiles.

I nod. I look at the girl and she glares at me. He had black and and she looked Spanish.

"Here I'll show you, Lexi I'll be back. " the boys says.

"Ok baby " Lexi smiles kissing him.

"Here's your locker. By the way I'm Jesus. "

"I'm Mia." I smile.

"My locker is actually right next to your. Hopefully we can be friends."

I nod. The bell rings and I look at him. He knew I was lost.

"Need help finding your class." He chuckles.

I chuckled.

"Yea. "

__

It turns out me and Jess have first period together.

"Sit by me. Lexi won't mind. "

"Are you sure?"

He nods and pats the seat next to him. About 2 minutes later Lexi walks in. She was smiling until she saw me in her seat.

"Um that's my seat." She says. Motioning her hands to get up.

"Oh um sorry. " I say gathering my things. Jesus put his and on mine telling me to stop.

"Lexi she's new let her seat here." He says.

"Ugh." Lexi sighs rolling her eyes.

She sits down next to this kid with long wavy hair. Pretty cute.

-

The period is almost over and I'm stuck on this one question. I'm not the best at math.

"Hey Jesus, mind helping me?" I smile.

He looks at me and nods.

I wasn't really listening I was to busy looking at him. And thinking of other things.

"Hello, Mia?" Jesus waves his hand in my face.

"Oh um sorry." I blush but I turn away.

"Thanks." I say still looking in the opposite direction.

Jesus chuckles. Lexi is one lucky girl. So I've been thinking to tryout for the cheer team. It will keep me busy. There is tryouts today. And I can't wait.

"So what are you doing after school today?" Jesus asks

"Um I'm going to tryout for the cheer team." I smile.

"Well good luck." He smiles.

I love his smile. It's cute like him. when the bell rung I grabbed my stuff and went to my locker. But this couple were blocking it.

"Excuse me." I say and they move. Wow that's easy.

I put my stuff away and went off to find my next class