MOM

Sun. 14th October

"You loved me before seeing me;
You love me in all my mistakes;
You will love me for what I am."

-Luffina Lourduraj

"It's nice to be back, after all.", he took a sip of his tea and smiled softly.

"We missed you, Sean. I hoped you'd visit, how's the life in the city?"

The warm sound of her voice let the boy's smile widen. They talked from time to time, yet it's been nearly 3 months since they last saw. "I'm happy where I am, most of the time."

Even though the thought about recent events made him sad his smile could not fade, for he didn't want the woman to see his sorrow.

"Sean, cupcake, I know your sad face. You do forget that you lived here for 16 years, don't you?" A happy laughter made its way to Jack's ear and a certain spot in his face changed back so his smile seemed truly happy again.

"I love you, mom. You know that, right? And you're not pissed at me for moving out, especially trough those circumstances?"

On his face there was a worried yet sad and curious look. Once again he realized that emotions and feelings where things he just couldn't understand.

"Of course I know that. And we love you, too. Even though we weren't particularly happy about you moving, but we're happy for you." Slowly she wrapped her hand around his, pressing it lightly.

"Why do you worry so much? You never did."

Jack sighed, he looked down at their hands, at their cups and at the sugar that was standing in the middle of them, reflecting the light softly.

"Is this about a girl?"

"Something like that."

"Then say it"

"What do you do to make a person happy?"

His mother rose an eyebrow but her expression changed almost instantly as she smiled to herself.

One hand rested on her stomach as she softly stroked Jack's palm with the other. "You got to listen to them first, cupcake. How else would you knew what makes them happy?"

"I can't just ask what makes you happy? it's so... I don't know. It just doesn't fit."

"Then think about it; what makes them smile? Or what makes them cry because it's missing? It's people, mostly. People they love. Spending time with them, creating memories. Just having moments without any worry."

"What makes you happy?"
Jack asked.

His mother smiled softly, stroking her stomach. "I thought this question doesn't fit?"

One side of Jack's lips rose and he looked as his mother as if he wanted to say you know what I mean. and she did but she still loved to play.

Eventually she answered: "You, your dad, your sister. The dog, your childhood memories and all those photos. All the things that have a nice meaning to them."

"A sister?" He asked, a bright, wide smile on his lips. His mother nodded, smiling just as bright.

They made plans for fun and talked about all the nice things. Their relationship was quite unique, very open and forgiving, understanding. Jack loved his mother and he knew she was right. People are everything you need to be happy. As long as you love them.

Even when they don't love you the same, you'll find yourself being happy around them anyway. That's what true love is, Jack thought.

At the end, he was about to leave the big, green garden, he asked one more thing

"How do I get the person I want to be happy to be around the people he loves?"

His mother put her hand against his want cheek, her smile just as warm as the strokes of the evening sun in October.

"Money can't buy happiness, my dear, we always taught you that. But you can use it for the good, to give him all he needs to see the people he loves."

Jack flinched a little as he heard his mother saying he. He realized he mentioned a gender, something he wanted to avoid.

But there was no point in being scared, he loved his mother and she loved him.

"You can always talk to me."

She whispered and placed a soft kiss on his cheek before closing the door on him.

***

This was a hell of a week.

I'm sorry for this late, short and bad update.

I was sick and read a lot and drew a lot. There's an explanation at the beginning of the last chapter, too.

However

Have a wonderful day!!