MAYBE

1k reads! 100 comments and over 100 votes!!
Thank you so much this is awesome!
I hope y'all like this story, thank you for all the nice comments btw I'm flattered

***

The Same Day

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

- Oscar Wilde

• • •

Jack got up, slowly he wiped away the lonely tear and made his way to the door of Mark's room, in which he was left alone.

But before he made his way out postcards caught his sight. He remembered the beautiful and soft voice of his mother on that sunny Sunday evening, and how she talked about happiness.

She said, people make other people happy.

Carefully Jack's fingertips ran over the card he held in his hands. He turned it around, of course he did not dare to read a word but he looked at the signature,

In Love, Your Ma and Grannie
it said.

Without any further thinking he took a picture of the address.

As soon as he felt the old wood of the door under his finger tips he froze. He needed to talk to Mark, he needed to fix this but he didn't know how.
His mind was blank.

He stepped outside, he caught a glimpse of Mark who rushed out the front door. Fast Jack's feet carried him after.
But he already knew where he was going as he saw him take the stairs. He went to the roof.

Everything had begun there, up there. Jack would not let it end there, too.

***

Mark stood in front of the abyss, and again his eyes followed every line of light they could find. It was night again and a not so familiar feeling began to build in his stomach.
   And again he thought the alcohol in his system was the cause. He had brought a bottle of Whiskey with him as he rushed upstairs. And yes, it burned his throat and his lungs but it was not the cause of the feeling inside of him.

And he was no longer confused because now he knew what it was that confused him for so long.
It was love, of course, because it has always been love.

He tried to remember the moment he fell in love with Jack, he tried to remember the turning point in their relationship, as strangers turned into friends and friends turned into lovers.
Yet both lovers acted like they were friends. Maybe that was what confused them all along.

Maybe it was the notebook.
Maybe it was the art project.
Or the moment Jack fell into his arms.
Or the moment they did drugs.

Or maybe it was the moment Mark found himself smiling because Jack laughed, and he realized his laugh not only on his lips but also in his eyes.

Maybe Mark would never remember when he fell in love with Jack, but he knew that he loved him and that was enough.

He stared crying, all he needed to do was to cry. Remember?
He had confused love with hate, and he had told his love that he hated him.

He was wrapped up in his thoughts and jumped a little as he heard Jack's voice behind him.
Both boys' eyes were red and their lungs were burning due to different causes.

"Please don't hate me.", Jack begged. His voice was calm, yet serious.

"I don't, I really don't."
Mark's voice was sore, nothing more than a whisper.

Their eyes met and they knew that they both had cried, they knew that their situation had been hard.
"I'm sorry." Jack told as he got near the edge where Mark was standing.

"I acted like an asshole. I promised you it'll be okay but I made everything worse, goddamnit. I just- I'm sorry, okay? Please don't hate me." Jack begged again.

He was truly sorry, he never meant to hurt anyone. Especially not Mark, he loved him, remember?
He knew it for a long time, it felt like eternity, one could argue.

"I don't." Mark replied again as he took another sip out the bottle in his hand, again it burned, but he was okay with it.

"Just, I'm confused, okay. I hate myself for the way I acted, I should've told you, I should've understood you and it was my fault you had to go trough all this shit. There's no need to hat me because I already hate myself, okay please don't hate me."

Jack rambled and rambled and he could not stop saying sorry, and Mark did not know how to tell him that he did not hate him.

So he decided to show him.

And maybe it was the fault of the alcohol.
Maybe he still was confused.
Maybe it was the writer inside of him that longed for a cliché, for something perfect.
Maybe it was his loneliness or his sadness.

   Maybe it was love.

No matter what it was,
   as his lips pressed against Jack's as the bottle fell to the ground and his hands went up to his neck- their world stopped.
And Jack kissed back,
   they were lovers now, maybe they were lovers all along.

Jack could feel the dark surrounding them, he felt the cold autumn winds around his body and the warm lover's touch around his neck.
   He tasted a mix of bad whiskey, salvia and salt.

For them it was perfection.

They stood in the red light, kissing on the rooftop. They probably fell in love up there.
It was cold but they were warm.

The city was loud but had nothing to say, they were quiet but screamed inside out of joy and love.

   It felt like eternity, so maybe it was meant to be forever.

***

You guys waited 16 chapters so

HERE IT IS

Did you like it?

- update

Remember the last time I said sorry for not writing?
Remember the reason?
Yeah you definitely do not wanna know this one so imma just say that my friend turned 18
But I'll probably write again on Monday so
Stay tuned (!!!)

Love y'all