PAIN

Gabriel cried at night and wouldn't ever stop. Maybe the doctors said he'd be fine eventually, yet he was defiantly in pain now.
Nearly 4 months later and he still was brought to the hospital once a week. He merely got better over the time, but he got better.

So whenever Jack would stay a night in his room so his father could get rest for once, he started to sing him a lullaby. Gabriel screamed and trembled, and finally stopped when his big brother started singing old songs as lullabies instead of childish ones.
Ironically Dust In The Wind was the one working the best, he was coming after his mother already.

Today was one of the days he decided to stay with his brother, with only a few things differently from all those others times.
He didn't sang, and he didn't tell stories of angels and how they watched over him.

He let Mama Said play on low volume, a tear marked letter crumbled between his hands. Jack wished for another way, now once again. He wished for this tragedy to be over soon.

Dear Jack,

You made my life a better one and I could never forget just one single memory we shared. I wished I could see you again, but I will stay here.
These letters from my mother were the ones always holding my hopes high and thanks to you nearly everything I wished for has come true.

Everything expect for us. And I hope these letters can help you understand that I would never want to leave you in the cold just as I did.
You're smart and warm hearted, I know you'll get trough every hard time.

Remembering the times you cared for Thomas like he was your brother I can only imagine how perfect you'll care for your little brother now. He'll have the hero he deserves right next to him.
Just as you were always there for me.

Jack, I'm sorry.
So sorry and I wish for other situations, for another chance, for change. Yet I know I will never reach them.
What I can reach is safety for my little brother here, far away from everything that has happened back there in the US.

You have every right to be mad at me, hell I'm mad at myself. Just please do not hate me.

I will never forget you, and how I caught you after the jump over the abyss. I will never forget how you dragged me out of my pit.
Maybe this letters does not help, maybe letters never do. I'm not so sure to be completely honest with you.

I want to tell you thanks for everything. And I'm incredible sad about what happened, as you know.
But i know you'll again change the life of everyone around you to a better one just like you did with mine.

At least we're still under the same sky, right?

Our lives may never be easy and I am sorry for assuming yours ever was. It was foolish.

Maybe this is a goodbye, maybe we'll never see again.
But I will never stop loving you. And I will never forget you.

I love you, Jack.
And I am so thankful that you were a part of my life.

See you under the stars.
In Love,
Mark.

There were photos affected to the letter. One of them showing Thomas under a Lavender plant, snuggled into a red blanket, peacefully breathing. Another one showed Mark, his mother and grandmother, smiling.
The last one had the skyline of a small town village on it and Sean immediately recognized the place it was taken.
You even could see a bit of the rusty bathroom-window frame.

He must have read the letter over and over again for hours now, his eyes were burning red, a cracked smile on his trembling lips and Gabriel still cried into the night as Jack hold him tight to his chest.

Blood is thicker than water, they say.

•••

So guys the next chapter is going to be the Epilogue.

Please let me know what you think about this!!
Do you think that there'll be another twist?
Did you expect it to end this way?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

However, have a nice day