Chapter 12 - Interest

How? How did he..? Just how?

Dan's mind fluttered all night. This new magician was something amazing. Outstanding. He belonged in this show.

"Did you find yourself a new magician today?" his father asked.

"Oh yes. He's amazing. Really, I've never seen anything like what he can do. I don't get how."

"Well that's a good thing."

Dan smiled.

"How old?"

"Twenty one."

"That's it? He's so young."

"I know, but age really doesn't matter. I mean, I own a business."

"In a few days you will. When you're eighteen."

"I technically do though."

He grinned at his son.

"You'll be there when we reopen, right?"

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"As long as we can get a decent act together, everything will be perfect. Our new magician seems to be able to handle anything. The dancers are nearly ready..." He thought about anything else that might need adjustments.

"I'm proud of you, Dan," his father said out of nowhere.

He smiled. "Thank you, dad."

Dan had the information of all his clientele. He was tempted to call or text the new magician just to grasp some insight on how he did his stunts. But he was right. The Mystic only taught him basic tricks, but he never shared how he did his own. No matter. Everything will work. Something about him just piqued his interest.