Chapter 5

Chapter Five

“I can’t believe we adjusted to Suna’s dry heat so quickly. This fucking humidity sucks.” Yari grumbled, trudging away from the Academy after turning in his report for the mission. All of Team 4 had just finished their three day journey away from the desert, an important scroll packed securely in Kansei’s gear. Apparently the reason they had stayed so long was because the Suna council was having several meetings over that time and the scroll that documented the important items they talked about was too important to send by messenger hawk. Thus, since they were already going to head back to Konoha, the Kazekage requested they stay for a longer duration so that the scroll could be brought back without wasting one of his own teams.

“Yeah, but at least specks of sand don’t keep slipping into your mouth.” Sekka pointed out, wiping a sheen of sweat from her forehead.

“You’ll gets used to it after a couple of trips. We’ll be going there every other month anyway.” Kansei pointed out, hands locked behind his head as he walked beside his Genin.

“Great.” Sukai grumbled sarcastically.

“Oh yeah! Sensei, you’re gonna teach us about pressure points and seals, right?” Sekka questioned, making the Jonin think back to the times when he told them to remind him later.

“Yeah, I suppose. We’ll do pressure points first though, ‘cause seals will pretty much be a huge-ass lecture. Though, I’ll teach you something when we get to that.” Nodding to himself, Kansei waved his hand.

“Anyway, let’s go to my place. I have diagrams on the human body and everything.” The three Genin blinked as Kansei took the lead, their thoughts scanning over what their sensei had just said.

They’d never even seen where he lived, and now they were gonna study there? Sweet!

Five minutes later they were lead inside of an apartment as Kansei flipped on a light. Dark brown walls gave it a homey look and there was a small amount of clutter that gave it the feeling of being lived in. Walking into his living room, the three Genin took seats on his black couch, staring around at the flat screen TV, the few pictures that hung on the wall and….a creepy orange and black striped cat staring at them with practically glowing golden eyes.

“Fuck!” Yari yelped, jumping away from the cat just as Kansei came out of his bedroom holding about five large scrolls. Seeing his Genin jump in fight, Kansei instantly let out a snort, walking over to place the scrolls on his coffee table.

“Kuki, what’s up?” He questioned the feline as it jumped onto the coffee table. As the Genin got a better look, they gaped at the fact that the cat was in fact not a cat, but just a miniature tiger.

“The clan’s been wondering why you haven’t summoned anyone lately.” The feline practically purred, sitting on her haunches as her tail wrapped around her paws.

“I went back to Jonin….and then got assigned a Genin team. I’ve only been on D-ranks and one C-rank recently. You’d all get bored pretty quick if I had summoned you.” Kansei replied, a sweatdrop forming.

Kuki tilted her head in an adorable manner. “Really? These brats? What’s with the shaking one?”

The ‘shaking one’ was Yari, who had tried to shield himself with his two teammates. Kansei stared at the golden-eyed boy before snapping his fingers.

“He’s scared of cats.”

“Am not!” Yari tried to deny before shrinking away from Kuki as she looked at him.

“Amusing human. Anyway, I understand Kansei-kun. I’ll tell Kogeta-kun – he’s been the most annoyed.”

“Why didn’t he just come then? You’re both my familiars.”