Chapter 7

Natalie's P.O.V.-

Austin pressed his lips gently to mine, then pulled away and smiled at me. "Sorry." He said sheepishly. "I had to do that."

I smiled back at him, then asked "So where are we going?" He shrugged. 

"How about the park? On that big hill where no one ever goes." I suggested.

Austin turned to me with a surprised expression on his face. "You remember that?" I nodded at him.

"Alright then, let's go." He started the engine and turned on the radio and started driving.

****

Ten minutes later, we sat on top of the hill, staring up at the sky. 

"So, tell me what I've missed." I told him as I lay down on my back. He joined, then followed my actions.

"Well, you remember Jimmy? The kid with the glasses and allergies? He got contacts and got rid of the allergies. All the girls love him." I laughed, and he turned his head towards me,

"What's so funny?" He asked.

I laughed again. "I don't know." Then Austin smiled at me and we spent the rest of the night talking about school and our families and drama and everything except cancer.

When we got back in his car so he could bring me home, he turned and looked at me. "You're beautiful Nat." 

I giggled at him then hit his arm, telling him to bring me home before my mom has a heart attack. He  nodded and started to drive down the road, with the windows open, music cranked. I had missed him more than I thought.

He finally pulled into my driveway and put the car in park, turning to look at me. "I'm glad you're back, Nat."

I smiled at him, "I am too. Even if for just a little while." 

Austin's eyes turned sad and he kissed my cheek and then whispered in my ear, "Don't say that. We said tonight we wouldn't talk about it."

"Goodnight Austin."

"Bye, Nat."