Chapter 2

Yoooooo. Okay, so I haven't uploaded in 807 years. SO sorry..I've been realllyyyy busy! Anyways, here you go. <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natalie's P.O.V-

When I walked downstairs, I could already tell everyone was shocked at my appearance. Yes, I've been working out and taking better care of myself. My hair grew out and my skin was tanner.

I saw Austin, my old love, and Julia, my old best friend, hand in hand. I could feel the anger rising up in me but decided to push it down for now.

"Hi guys." I said to them. They both smiled and Julia got up and wrapped her arms around me. She was short with shoulder length brown hair, and soft brown eyes. "It's so nice to see you," she said in my ear.

As soon as she let go, I looked at Austin, who was awkwardly standing behind Julia, obviously waiting for a hug. But, as I was about to put my arms around him, Julia stood next to him and pulled him down for a kiss, smirking at me when she was done.

I put my arms at my sides and said, "Nice to see you, Austin." And smiled as sincerely as possible at him.

My mom, who had been watching this whole thing, said, "Well, I need to head off to work. Have fun today, guys!" Then she left us, old friends, standing in the living room.

Austin was the first to break the silence and said, "So how does it feel to be back in Wisconsin? Must be really different from Florida. Especially this time of year." We all looked out the window, at the snow on the ground.

"It's um, it's nice to see my mom. It was hard to leave Florida though. Lots of friends down there." I told them.

Julia looked at Austin, and told him, "Baby, you need to drive me to work." Austin looked at the clock on the wall, and nodded. "Alright. We can hang out later. Okay, Nat?" He asked.

I smiled inwardly at Julia's expression when he called me Nat. "Yeah, I mean, I need to unpack and stuff. But sure. If you can't, I'll just see you guys at school tomorrow."

They both nodded, and said goodbye, walking out the front door, into Austin's truck.

I sighed, and flopped on the couch, closing my eyes.

Austin's P.O.V.-

After I dropped Julia off at the store she worked at, I sat in the parking lot, in my truck, thinking about Natalie. Before I thought too much about it, I drove out of there, and down to Natalie's driveway. I walked up her front steps, and knocked on the door. No answer, but I heard a smash, and a woman's voice swear.

I threw open the door, and saw Natalie sitting on the couch, a bottle of Vodka in one hand, and something that looked like a photo album in the other. She hadn't changed her clothes but her hair was down and falling around her face,

She looked up at me, and her eyes were red and puffy. "Austin, come here." She patted the seat next to her. Her words were slurred.

Slowly, I walked to her and sat down. I kept my eyes on her, and the bottle she kept bringing up to her mouth.

"Natalie" she looked at me, "What the fuck are you doing?" I asked her. The Natalie I used to know, when she was 15, was highly opposed to the idea of drinking.

She glared at me. "What am I doing? What are you doing? Dating my old best friend?" She stood up, obviously angry, but as soon as she did, she fell the the ground, and passed out.