Reckless and Relentless

I rose up from my queen sized bed to my phone bringing me to a rude awakening. I groggily wiped my eye and answered the call I was receiving from my boss' number.

"Hello, is this Annabel Reis?" He spoke through the telephone.

"Yes, this is her. who may this be?" I responded slightly confused.

"My name is Michael Burns, II'm subbing for your boss today he had a family issue. I called to address that you're going to be photographing." he said happily.

"Oh, hello! Who is it that i'll be photographing? How long and when?" I asked more understanding.

"You're going to photograph a band who's name i haven't quite remembered yes. It would be mandatory for you to lbe at the airport tomorrow at 8:00 a.m." He said.

"And how long is it?" I said jotting down notes in my scheduler.

"I think this might be the biggest issue. It a tour. So, you're going to be one for three months." He spoke.

"Oh...wow." I said I surely.

"I know this is tough and soon but David will pick you up and drive you to the airport. You're going to receive a brand new company car once you arrive in England. The flight is paid, you'll be provided some cash and get your normal pay while getting a chance to travel and do what you love." He said trying to be convincing.

"I guess I could use some time away for a bit. I'm going to need the flight information and the address, please." I said kindly.

"Oh yes! I will shoot you a text with everything you need to know as soon as we end the call." he said cheerily.

"Thanks Mike." I responded.

"Of course, dear." he said.

I hung up the phone and set it on my bedside table. I assume I should get something packed since I need to leave tomorrow. I grabbed my giant black rolling suit case from my bedroom closet. I opened my top drawer and placed some skinny jeans, sweat pants and a couple skirts in first. I then opened my other drawer and placed some regular tees, old tees, tank tops, undergarments and socks.I continued going through my clothe an added a few hoodies, sneakers, my combat boots, belts, and a dress and bikini just in case I have a special occasion. I placed my laptop and its charger in the bag as well. I came to the conclusion that it'll be enough for right now. I checked my phone realized that Mike texted me the information.

2670018391: Hey it's mike! Here's everything you need to know. The flight number is 315C and David will have the ticket for you. When you arrive at the airport you will go to the parking garage and there will be the company car as soon as you walk in (brand new might I add.) Once in there's a GPS you can just type in 3623 West Burks Lane and it'll take you to where the bus is. The bands bus will be parked in spot four and the bus is black and silver. If you have any question while going feel free to contact me. oh and here's the lead singer Danny's number. 2675490233. Have fun, dear.

I texted Mike thanking him for everything and decided to text Danny just to let him know what was going on.

Me: Hey, I have received your number from my sub boss'. I'm Annabel and I should be at your bus sometime tomorrow morning. I thought you would like to know.

Danny: Oh fuck a lil lady on the bus ;) Can't wait to meet you, love.

I don't get why everyone is calling me these terms today. I just tossed my phone on the mint colored sofa and poured water from the tea kettle to make some tea. I laid back on the sofa flipping to Breaking bad reruns when my phone viciously started to vibrate. Four new messages? Seriously? I looked through each one reading them.

2673920766: Hey Annabel! It's Sam, I play bass in Asking and I got your number from Danny. Can't wait to meet you. :)

2675499321: Heyy;) Danny gave us all your numbers if you didn't catch on. I'm Ben lead guitar. Can't wait to finally have a fuckin' lady on the bus for a little bit. See ya tomorrow.;)

2674329450: I'm Cameron, Rhythm guitarist. Now ya have my number. ;P

2673850320: Hey, Is this Annabel? I'm sorry if this is strange but we all got your number from Danny. I'm James by the way I play drums. Thanks for accepting the job. I can't wait to meet you. Lovely name by the way. x

I read through the text and saved everyone's number. It seems as if this is going to be a long three months. But hey, A change never hurts anyone, right? I laid on the couch and drifted into a deep sleep.