Zane X Jay: Alternative (Part 1)

Jay: Btw this is when they first move into Lover's Lane. ZaneMeow
---------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

It was Zane's first day at Phoenix Drop High, he was a complete weirdo and loner. But one faithful day, he saw Gene and his group of friends, and one of those group members caught his attention. It was their newest group member, Jay. At the moment he saw her, he wanted to talk to her. On Valentine's Day, he finally got the courage to go up to her and give her a beautiful red rose. Like the rest of Gene's friends, she shunned him away, obviously seeing the heartbreak in his eyes, not caring one bit.

About five years later, they all moved on with their lives. Zane finally had a few friends on Mystreet, but Jay lost touch with Gene and the rest of her old highschool friends. She started to grow more introverted as time went on, becoming more and more emotionally vulnerable by the moment.

She eventually moved into a street called Lover's Lane. A year later, she heard a big explosion. And about a week later, she didn't realize her high school enemies were moving into the same street as her.

Jay's POV

Chomp chomp chomp

Man, these chips are good. Are all chips made of potatoes? I am such a COUCH potato. I should do stand-up comedy. And why do they call it stand-up comedy if you have a chair to sit in?

I eat chips as my mind wanders about, while I watch a theodd1sout video on my couch. Sometimes I feel like I'm the odd one out.

"HELLO?!" I jump from my spot at the sudden voice and loud knocking from the opposite side of my front door.

Jeez...who knocks like that? Wait...that can't be...

"Leave me alone!" I yell just for reassurance. I hear a slight gasp from the other side of the door. I look over and see THE Aphmau from highschool pressing her face against the outside part of my window.

"AGHHHH!!!! IT IS YOU!!" She squeals and takes out her phone. I quickly go over to my window and close the blinds AND curtains. I peek through them and see if she's gone. She is.

Oh thank Irene that crazy girl is gone. I'm glad it's just her though.

Zane's POV

I arrive home from a job interview and I'm greeted by Garroth.

"Hey baby brother! How was the interview?"

"Just fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to my room. And don't bother me." I say and slump to my room. Suddenly, the doorbell rings.

"Hey Aphmau. What brings you by?" I hear Laurance say. I look at her face from the stairs and it's just filled with excitement.

"I wanted to talk to you guys about our neighbor!"

"Oh. Well ok. Guys! Aphmau is here!" I come down and and Garroth comes from the kitchen.

"Oh my gosh. You guys would not believe who just moved to MyStreet!"

"What? Who?" We all said.

"Jay!"

"Wait...didn't you have a thing for her back at PDH?" Garroth says while practically giving me a lenny face. Everyone looks at me. I bury my face into my mask while my face grows hot.

Yeah yeah. I know she rejected me, and I know she doesn't like me. But, I don't know...my feelings for her never really faded. Ugh...I sound like an emotional poet. Bleh.

"M-Maybe..." Was all that could come out of my mouth.

"I took a picture of her!" She shows us a photo of Jay in turtle pajamas. My face reddens even more.

"Huh." Laurance and Garrith said at the same time with no emotion.

"W-Wow..." I stare at the picture more.

Wow...she grew up well...she's...very...wow...

"Helloooo? Pony land to Zane?" Aphmau asks me with a concerned voice.

"What? IwasntstaringwelpimgoingtogocurlupinaballnowbyeAph." I say quickly, running upstairs into my bedroom and slamming the door.

Phew...

I slide my back on the door, to the floor.

"I can't believe she back..."

Jay's POV

"Aaaaand we're back to the My Little Horsie marathon!" I exclaim with joy at the TV, squeezing my Star Dash plushie. Suddenly, the power cuts off and the screen goes black.

"WHY DOES THE WORLD TORCHER MEH??" I stand up and yell. I walk to the door leading to the garage, only to get a blast of hot air. I finally decide on opening the garage first to let all the hot air out, then check the fuse box.

Time Skip

Finally! Much better.

I walk to the fuse box and open it up.

I feel like someone's watching me...

Zane's POV

Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Yeah! That's it.

I sigh and stare blankly out of my window, only for my eyes to wander to an open garage that had Jay wearing her turtle pajamas I saw in Aph's photo.

I quickly look away and close the blinds, flopping onto my bed face first.

What is happening to me...?

I start to think about when I first saw her. I still remember it clearly. I stepped into PDH for the first time, and I saw her. She was laughing at a joke Gene told and gave me a side glance. It wasn't much, but it sparked my attention. Since Gene and his friends had shunned me away, she did the same.

I remember her smile, her laugh, and just...her. Even though she rejected me, I never forgot her. And something told me she would never forget me. I...I loved her. I shake my head at the past memories.

It's never going to happen...

I sigh and try to fall asleep, dreaming of her.

Time Skip

Ugh...what time is it? 9:29?

I groan in annoyance and bury my face back into my pillow. Suddenly, I hear a rock guitar start playing. I open my window in curiousity.

What the heck? People should be asleep by now...

I look out my bedroom window and see lights leak from her windows. Music starts playing, and...I start to hear her sing.

PART 2 COMING SOON