Chapter 9- A run in.

Sweat dripped down my forehead as my arms and legs pumped in unison. I concentrated on the path ahead of me , blocking everything else out. as my breathing quickened I realised I was beginning to reach my limit. 
I ran for a couple moments longer then slowed and turned to the others.

Charlie ,Eddie and Luke where a few metres behind ,trailing miserably.

"Are you alright guys?" I called to the others, chuckling. 
Charlie staggered forward. panting
" Jesus James, I'm exhausted. Can we go back ?"He said, resting his hands on his knees.
" We promised to help James train " Eddie said ,Folding his arms.

" I know but it's been an hour and a half " charlie whinged.
" I second that "luke said dropping to the floor with an exhausted expression.
Eddie looked at me with a sideways glance,
" Do you want to go back? " he said.
I looked down at the exhausted bunch.
" Why not " I replied and Charlie let out a half hearted cheer. I reached down and helped Luke up ,then we began to trudge back to Eton.

The walk back wasn't that long as the boys and I had only run through the cricket fields in the meadow directly  behind Eton.

The others chatted amongst themselves and I kept to my comfortable silence as we neared the building.
However as we neared the corner I heard something unsettling ,a voice not to far away. But it was too quiet and muffled to directly interpret  what it was saying , But as it got louder the sound of its urgency began to concern me, I stopped and turned to the others, holding my hand up I motioned for them to listen.

They approached, puzzled.

"What are we listening to ?" Charlie said loudly. he was then loudly shushed.
I pointed over to the side of the building.
" I think there is something going on " I whispered.

Eddie nodded "I agree , lets go find out".

I carried on walking, my curiosity reaching its peak. The voice grew louder and I realised it was a mix of voices , some deep and heavy, another  light and softer, definitely female.

"would you just let go!!" I heard.

 A mean laugh answered.

" feisty! surprising from a pretty thing like you" 

I heard the distinct sound of spitting and shouting ensued.

we dashed around the corner and I quickly took in the scene in front of me.

A slight girl was being held by the arms by two boys, a third standing in front of her. The girls eyebrows were furrowed with anger but her eyes held fear and she was struggling with all her might but to no avail.

"HEY!!" I shouted and the boy whirled around.

"What do you think your doing?" Eddie shouted.

The two boys holding her panicked and chucked the girl onto the ground ,then grabbing the arm of the other boy the began to run, Charlie, Luke, Eddie and I raced off in pursuit. Luke yelling profanities as he chased. 

Realising that Charlie, Eddie and Luke had it covered I slowed and turned my attention back to the girl and I jogged back.

The place where she had previously fell was now empty, confused, I looked around only to see her retreating figure disappearing across the field, I yelled after her, a feeble attempt to ask if she was alright  but she didn't stop, her short blond hair whipping behind her a she ran.

                                                     ***

"Well, there is Wycombe abbey down the road" smithy said tapping his pen on his lips.

After loosing the girl and boys responsible ,we retreated to our warm dormroom to think.

" Where? " I asked.
" It's a girls school nearby, she could have come from there " Eddie said.
" But w-why were they m-messing with her? " benjie said with a frown.

" They were most likely following blower orders,  he's allways trying to get the Wycombe girls to like him" luke said.
" ...And it hasn't really worked out yet " charlie chuckled.

" He certainly isn't going to get girls like that " I said.
Then I heard a loud voice bellow from outside the door.
" BOOOYYSSS DIIINNNERRR "

Urgh, all of the boys groaned.
" do we have to go? " charlie moaned.
" sorry mate we have no food here, it's the school muck or nothing " Eddie said.
We all heaved ourselves out of our comfy spots and joined the masses of boys moving towards the dinner hall.