chapter 7- Nightmare

James POV :
I woke startled, blood ringing in my ears, paired with the stampeding beat of my heart, it was deafening.
My panting lingering in the cold night air of the dormroom.

I suddenly slapped a hand over my mouth squinting into the darkness, hoping to God I didn't wake anyone.
But when I was greeted with ringing silence I let out a releived breath.

I'd had a nightmare. my parents,  more blood this time and I could still see their faces, laying broken, eyes open. It was terrifying.
I silently put aside my blanket putting my feet on the cold wooden floor, putting my hand to my chest I felt that my heartbeat was still beating rapidly.
I decided to take a walk, it was the only thing that could calm me.
I slowly got out of bed and put my trousers and shirt on, carrying my shoes to the door, I gently opened and closed the door.

Once I had cleared the hallway I slipped on my shoes and walked through the empty school,
it's allways weird walking through a building on your own it's like you shouldn't be there. Like everyone has disappeared, the slightest creak making you whirl round, your nerves shattering. Imagination Running wild at every shadow.
I creaked open the back door to the back gardens and the cold air hit me, making me stuff my hands into my pockets.

As I walked down the path beside the building I felt a peice of paper crinkling in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a scribbled sentence I had written to remind myself, the note said -

Charmain visit Sunday

I smiled. I had forgotten about the parents visit Day tomorrow, you wouldn't think I was exited, as I had no parents to visit me. But I had my aunt and uncle Charmain and max, they had  looked after me for the weeks on end when I couldn't sleep, knowing exactly what I was feeling and what to say.

Max wouldn't be coming, he probably would love to but Charmain was determined to keep him rested, max hated the fact he had cancer, we all did.

I stuffed the note back into my pocket and stole a quick glance at my watch.
I froze.
The time was 5:55, only five minutes till the 6 o'clock wake up call.
The professors must be coming round any minute!  If they find me out of bed I will be in for a caneing for sure.

I raced back through the door and up the empty stairs, I was nearly at my corridor, when I saw a a maid back out of a door and head in my direction I hid back in the shadows cursing , my dorm was behind her and I couldn't pass her without getting caught. I would have to go the long way.
I edged down the stairs, careful not to make a sound and raced down another corridor that would lead me to the stairs at other end of the corridor, as I got to the other end I peered around and when I saw the coast was clear I jogged to my door and opened it, I slipped inside and crept through the dark to my bed, moments after I had tossed my sheets over me the door opened and a shout echoed through the room.
" RISE AND SHINE YA LAZY LOT "
Of course it was Mr Michaels, who else would be put on wake up duty. Honestly.
I got up and acted out a tired yawn mumbling a 'morning ' to a bed headed charlie. 
I stood up as Eddie walked past,
" morning ja-" he peered down, eyebrows raised.
I looked down too and realised, my feet were still in my shoes.
I felt the blood rush to my face and I started to stutter out an explanation.
But Eddie just put his hand to his stomach and laughed, luke behind him laughed at my frightened expression.

" calm down James, it's not like none of us have sneaked out before " luke laughed, tossing his towel over his shoulder.
" It will be our little secret " Eddie added smiling patting me on the shoulder and walked into the corridor.

I smiled sheepishly and went to the side of my bed where my uniform was hanging, black trousers with a white shirt, striped blue tie and tailored blazer with a red and gold crest on the pocket. I took them all and followed Eddie out of the room.