Chapter 8

You just stood there looking at her for a minute.
"Hi, y/n. What's wrong?" The girl asked.
"Oh, nothing. I'm good."
"Listen, Hunter's really worried about you. I don't know why. But, I don't want any trouble with you. You seem super nice, and you're so pretty. But, I'm dating him."
"You're what?" I replied, getting more and more upset
"I'm dating Hunter" the girl repeated
You then broke into tears again. The tears were streaming down your face and you tried to stop but you couldn't.
"Why are you crying?" The girl asked
You hesitated, " I-If I'm honest, I like Hunter" you replied, holding back your tears.
"Aw girl! Don't worry. It's all good." The girl said.
You felt a little uneasy, why is Hunter's girlfriend being so nice to you when you have a crush on her boyfriend? This seems a little suspicious.
"Are you serious?" I replied
"Of course. You can't help who you like. Now, let's get you cleaned up and go back out."
"Okay! What's your name by the way?" I asked the girl.
"I'm Loren. Loren Beech."
"Oh! I know you!" I replied
I felt really upset, I knew hunter wouldn't go for somebody like me. And how was I supposed to compete with Loren?! She was beautiful and had so many musical.ly followers and everybody loves her. I started to feel unbelievably  jealous, but held it in, since Loren was such a nice girl.
Loren got you cleaned up and you both walked out. Hunter was on his phone, and looked up and saw you guys walking towards him, he then stood up.
"Y/n! You took a long time" He said.
"Yeah.."
"Hunter, she was a little upset. That's all." Loren told him. "And, y/n could I have your number?"
"Of course!" You and Loren exchanged numbers.
"Text me later girl!" Loren said, walking out of Starbucks.
"What was that all about?" Asked Hunter
"What was what all about..?" I replied
"You and Loren..?"
"Oh. We're friends."
"Oh, okay."
You and Hunter then walked out of Starbucks. It was silent for about 10 minutes, until Hunter spoke.
"Y/n, what did Loren say to you?"
"Oh. Nothing." I lied
"Y/n... What did she say?!" Hunter said, a little angry
I didn't know what to say.
"She just told me the truth."
"The truth?" Hunter said confused
"Yep." I replied, walking a little faster
"What's 'the truth'?" Hunter asked.
"Hunter stop. You know. You told me you liked me, you tried to kiss me, all whilst you had a girlfriend!" I shouted, trying to hold my tears in again.
"Oh my god.. Loren told you we date?.." Hunter replied
He looked worried. Extremely worried. Like she'd said this before and bad things had happened.. You just looked at him uneasy. He turned to you
"We need to get home. Now." Hunter said, grabbing my hand and running down the street