Chapter 20

It was around 11pm and I was feeling so tired. "Hunter I don't think I can stay awake for much longer" I said, sorta anxious. "It's okay baby. Only two more hours and I'll be up with you." He reassured me. "Okay." I smiled, "just stay up with me". "I will gorgeous don't worry". My heart melts when he calls me that. He makes me feel so special. And now I felt the urge to stay up, I didn't want to be apart from him. I didn't want to fall into a coma and never speak to him again. I got really anxious and started crying. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked me, lifting up my chin. "I'm scared I won't wake up." I cried. "As long as you stay up until 1am you'll be fine." He said, smiling. "Can we stay up until 2am?" I asked him. "Why?" He laughed. "I wanna make sure I stay up for long enough. I can't not see you again." I said, looking into his eyes. "Baby, you'll be fine with 1am. But, if staying up until 2am makes you feel any better, we can do that" he smiled. "It does, thank you." I smiled. He pressed his soft lips against mine and I felt such a spark. "I'm so lucky to have you" I whispered into his ear whilst I cuddled into his shoulder. "I'm so lucky to still have you. And I'm not letting you go." He said, whilst pulling me onto his lap. I lay my head on his shoulder and felt myself drifting off..
"Oh, no y/n." Hunter said, shaking me.
"What?!" I woke up, startled. "You need to stop falling asleep." He said, sorta angry. "Omf I didn't mean it I'm so so-" I began. "It's fine. I just need to keep you up for longer now." He said, groaning. "You look so tired Hunter, I feel so bad". "Anything for you baby girl. I'll be fine. We can sleep all day tomorrow" he laughed. "Wouldn't you rather be awake a couple extra hours in the night and live for a long time than sleep and fall into a coma and possibly never wake up again?" "Please don't say that.." I said. "I'm sorry. I just want you to realise" he said. "I do," I began, "I just can't help it. My eyes just drop". "I'll keep you awake. We can't cuddle right now, okay. Just so that you don't fall asleep" Hunter winked. "Ugh" I groaned. I got up and lay at the end of the bed, my head on the cushion. "I'll put on a movie" Hunter smiled. "Okay." I smiled back. I felt so tired but I couldn't fall asleep. I knew I couldn't.