Part 9 - Denial

The view of Kris with that guy was too painful to watch and so I looked away, keeping my tears from rolling down.

We were just fine before, so what is it that went wrong?

-

Author's POV

Chanyeol, Chen and Sehun were still at the cafeteria, trying to get used to the situation with Baekhyun.

Meanwhile, Kai was having a dance practice with the best dance instructor of the school, Lee Eunhyuk. Gangnam-gu High School will be having a dance competition during their summer break that year, Eunhyuk found out Kai's passion for dancing and decided to train him.

Unfortunately, students weren't allowed to take part in any competitions during their first year, they can only be a backup dancer for the ones competing. Even though Kai knew he will only be supporting the main lead, he practiced everyday as if his life depends on it.

"That's enough for today, you've done really good. You may go now." Mr. Lee smiled at Kai before he let him exit the door.

"Finally finished. I'm super hungry. I wonder what we're having today." Kai thought to himself.

After his practice ended, he went to get together with his friends, lunch time almost over so he ran towards the cafeteria.

When he was turning to the left of the hallway, he accidentally bumped into someone which made them both to fall. The thing was, Kai didn't fall on his back, the other way around, he fell on top of the person.

A crazy thing happened to Kai, his lips were on the other's which made them too shocked to even move. After realizing the position they were in, Kai finally got up and apologized with his head bowed down.

He lifted his head to see the person's face and how surprised he was to see that the person was his senior, to add that up, it was Kyungsoo.

"Sunbae, I'm really sorry, I was in a hurry, are you hurt anywhere?".

"I'm okay, don't worry. I don't ha- argh..." Kyungsoo felt a pain on his left shoulder.

"You're not okay. Let me take you to the school's doctor." Kai sincerely worried about Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo refused. "That's not necessary. I will be okay-".

"No, you have to. I don't care what you say, I'm just gonna take you there," Kai insisted. Kyungsoo was at a loss of words. Kai was really worried about him.

Kai lifted him up bridal style and Kyungsoo's eyes got big as ever.

"What do you think you're doing, put me down, right now!" Kyungsoo felt so embarrassed.

"Don't move, will you?" Kyungsoo stopped wriggling his body. "Otherwise, your shoulder will get hurt even more if you do."

For some reason, Kyungsoo got touched by that. Having someone care for him like that made him flutter inside.

After Kai shut him up, he continued walking towards the doctor's office. Lucky for them, there were not many students around in the building, Kyungsoo felt so relieved. He couldn't handle such embarrassment, being carried like a main character in some kind of romantic movie.

Kai knocked on the door before he heard the doctor allow him to enter.

Mr. Zhang Yixing, the school's doctor, he was known to have the ability to cure any of the students' sickness. Scientifically, of course. Having a dimple and angelic smile that made all the girls go crazy for him, he was ranked the most handsome in the school.