Part 6 - Be Mine

"Hey, Chanyeol?"

He turned his face to me. "Yes, Sunbae?"

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

-

Chanyeol's POV

He took the rose from my hand and I smiled. Inside my head, I was already imagining how I would confess to him someday. That day would be the day I'd call him mine.

Then, I heard him calling my name. I turned my head to face him. "Yes, Sunbae?"

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

My eyes widened, surprised by the sudden question.

He asked me something that I would have never expected in my life coming from him. I looked around me, questioning myself if I was already dead and in heaven. It seemed so unreal to me. But no, I was at the school's garden and Baekhyun sunbae just stood in front of me waiting for my answer.

I stared at him without blinking. It took so long for me to figure out the situation.

"I can't." Finally, I spoke.

"Why?" He asked.

"You already have someone, why would you even ask me that?"

It was silent for a moment. I wasn't able to figure out what was he thinking during that time.

"Uh okay, let me rephrase what I said earlier," he said, finally breaking the silence. "Firstly, I'm sorry I asked you that all of a sudden. I actually have a favor to ask of you, which is if you could act as my boyfriend. I'm sorry too, if earlier you thought it was for real," he continued to speak.

At that moment, I didn't know how to respond. There were so many questions I wanted to ask him.

Act as his boyfriend? What about the guy with him that day? But most of all, why did it have to be me?! Out of all the guys in this school, why must he ask me? Me!

I let all the questions roam inside my head, not intending to spill it out.

"I guess it's not the perfect time to explain everything to you, break time is almost over and I have a very important meeting to attend after this, meet me later at the front gate after school. We'll talk again then. See you later!"

He waved to me as he ran out of the garden, heading towards the main building of the school.

That sure was crazy...

I dragged my feet out of the garden, walking my way to my next class.

Maths.

-

Ugh, I hate this. I mentally cursed.

Mr. Cho kept on writing the equations on the board which I found quite stressful to solve.

Then there was Chen who was sitting next to me and had his eyes focused on the board the entire time while his hand was busy taking all the notes. I stared at him with a confused look on my face.

He noticed me staring at him, then raised his eyebrows, that meant 'What are you staring at?'. I shook my head, looking at my notes and letting out a small groan.

"Do you have any problem, Chanyeol?" I heard Mr. Cho call my name which startled me. I lifted my head to meet his eyes.

"No, sir. I just have a slight headache." I lied.

"If you're not feeling well then you can go to the nurse's office and have a rest there," said Mr. Cho.

"Thank you, sir. I'm sorry," I said as I got up from my seat.