Chapter six

Dani's POV

    Today's the day before Wes and I leave on our little trip. He said we leave late tomorrow night, because traveling is easier at night. I'm packing my bags and Kate's bugging the shit out of me. I love her but hot damn!

    "Do you wanna borrow some of my lingerie?" She made a face as I packed a pair of plaid bed pants.

    "No!" I said louder than I meant.

    "Don't tell me you haven't at least thought about having sex with Wes!" She looked at me.

    "Dude shut up!" I smacked her with a hoodie I was packing.

    "So you're saying you haven't had sex with him yet!" Her eyes widened in disbelief.

    "We don't need to have sex to have fun." I shrugged. It's not that I never thought about it, but he just didn't seem to push the issue. He always pulled out of our kisses before things got to that point. He was such a gentleman I didn't want to seem like a slut.

    "Dani! Do you hear yourself? It's like I don't know you at all!" She laughed.

    "Have you slept with Drew?" I tried to get her mind off subject.

    "Okay that's not even the same thing. If you must know though no I haven't." She looked down at her feet. "I want this time to be special." She mumbled.

    "See! It's not so different Kate." I hugged her tightly.

    "Fine but compromise with me? Just take one sexy nighty, and I'll even let you pick!" She said smiling.

    "If it'll shut you up!" I laughed and followed her to her room. She opened her drawer and waved her hand over it. Everything was lace and silk, and it all was never going on my body! I picked a hot red silk one that seemed to please Kate's standards.

    "What would you do with out me!" Kate threw her arm around my shoulders as we walked back to my room.

    "Be lost!" I hugged her again. "I'm gonna miss you Kate. This will be the longest we've ever been apart since the day we met. Isn't that crazy?" I laughed pulling back.

    "I never though of that but yeah it's nuts!" She said. "Try not to worry about me Dani. I'll be safe with Drewski and baby Keats."

    "I know, and you don't worry about me. Wherever I am I'll be safe with Wesley." I smiled saying his name.

    "You sooo love him!" Kate smacked my back.

    "I just really like him!" I corrected but she rolled her eyes.

    "Whatever you say. I have to go to work so see ya in the morning." She waved and left me to finish packing alone.

    I finished packing and sat on the couch watching Christmas Vacation. This was one of my favorites. My phone was ringing in the other room so I got up and answered it.

    "Hello?" I answered.

    "Hey Dani California." Aubrey sang. "I just wanted to call and tell you Mom said I can totally come out for spring break!" She said excitedly.

    "Awesome! I can't wait to see you." I sighed.

    "It snowed again today." She said. "I can't believe you're missing this."

    "Trust me I can believe it either." I sighed.

    "Yeah I miss you." She sighed with me. "Wish you could be here for Christmas."

    "Me too sis." I said. "Maybe next year."

    "Maybe." She mumbled. "I love you Dani but I need to hop off here. I just wanted you to know Mom said it's okay for me to fly out and visit." She said. "Bye!"